- OpenGL 4.0 deferred renderer with uniform lighting model supports any number of lights, all casting soft dynamic shadows.
- Up to 32x hardware MSAA makes rendered images incredibly sharp and detailed.
- Full support for vertex, fragment, geometry, and tessellation shaders.
- Dynamic megatexture terrain provides fast rendering of terrains with many layers.
- Post-processing stack allows visual control of an arbitrary number of full-screen effects, in any order.
- Hierarchical hardware occlusion queries provides fast visibility testing.
- Hardware tessellation for dynamic real surface displacement on the GPU.
- Normal mapping with specular and cubemap reflections.
- Instanced rendering allows fast drawing of large volumes of objects.
- Hardware skinning provides fast skinned animation.
- Deferred transparency with multiple overlapping layers of shading.
- Real-time mesh modification.
- Trilinear and up to 16x anisotropic filtering.
- Blend and transition animation sequences.
- Extract animation sequences in the editor.
- Automatic asset management reloads models and textures when they are modified from another application.
- Drag and drop import of FBX, DDS, BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA, and PSD files.
- Visual interface controls every aspect of the art pipeline.
- Constructive solid geometry modeling tools.
- Brush primitives include box, wedge, cylinder, sphere, arch, tube, and torus.
- Automatic UV mapping.
- Brush smooth groups.
- Built-in shader editor with instant visualization and error display.
- Launch your game and debug the Lua virtual machine, for both Lua and C++ games.
- Native user interface on each supported platform.
- API design with an object-oriented command set lets you code any game.
- Project manager automatically generates project files for Visual Studio and Code::Blocks. (C++ programming requires Professional Edition.)
- C++ and Lua work together in one application.
- Built-in script editor with debugger, code stepping, and syntax highlighting.
- Visual flowgraph lets you connect objects to control game interactions.
- Direct programming gives you control over your game's loop and program structure.
- Entity scripts provide a per-object hook interface.
- Script variables are exposed in the editor interface and reloaded in real-time.
- Console executes script commands in real-time.
- Navmesh pathfinding with crowd avoidance and steering.
- Navigation areas are displayed in the editor as you build your game level.
- Character controller movement seamlessly integrated with physics and pathfinding systems.
- Set entities to automatically chase another object.
- Real-time particle editor with instant visualization.
- Emission volumes include box, sphere, cylinder, tube, and cone.
- Adjustable curve graph for alpha and scale.
- Particle animation sheets with adjustable frame counts and layout.
- Velocity-based rotation for directional particles like sparks.
- Fast and accurate rigid body physics.
- Constraints including hinge, ball, and sliding joints.
- Motorized joints for precise control over movements, suitable for robotics.
- Automatic physics shape calculation.
- Generate physics shapes in the editor from models or brushes.
- Swept collision.
- Raycasting with lines or spheres.
- 3D sound spatialization.
- Emit a sound from any entity.
- Automatic channel management frees up unneeded channels.
- Skip to any time in sound.