Quixel Suite!

SlipperyBrick

So just letting you guys know that Quixel released an open beta for the new Quixel Suite (dDo, nDo2, 3Do and Megascan's)

This is an open beta so the tool is for everyone to use, it's a plugin for Photoshop. If you have anything below version CS4 then don't expect it to work (as far as I'm aware.)

Have fun with this though guys, I have been waiting for months after pre purchasing this and finally it's arrived!

https://d85clmw03d1co.cloudfront.net/suite/Install_Quixel_SUITE.zip

Just to show off how it works:

Manual for anyone who needs it: http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=start

If i'm not wrong, today photoshop can only be baught with a monthly subscription, so no way for me to use that software; if i need i will go for software not dependent on other software like Substance designer and painter instead.

Perhaps someday they will make it non photoshop dependent ?

Stop toying and make games

Everything should be so I can afford to use it for at least a month

If it was lot of people like you Rick, LE3 could make like UE4 and propose some 20-15$/month wink.png

Photoshop is at least 24Euro/month ,when you use software during all the year, the price could be high in the end.

Stop toying and make games

Photoshop isn't expensive on a per month basis. I have CC and it only cost's me £12 a month. That's pennies compared to how much it would be to buy it outright. As Rick said the cool thing is you can go from month to month, or do what I did and opt into a year contract.

It's cheaper than Maya/3DS Max (for you British guys that's £45 a month!) total con if you ask me sad.png

You get all the updates for free as well. Plus you get to use software like this biggrin.png

@YouGroove. I think they are hoping to make it non dependant on Photoshop. Although at the moment the Suite runs on scripts that are used (think they are XML files) that kind of automate the process, even if you aren't good at art and texturing this Suite makes it so easy you can get real AAA looking textures from it at the click of a button. Amazing for the people who don't do texturing by hand and even speeding up the process for adding those wear and tear effects that take hours to hand paint.