Steam Client Bootstrapper Crash

SlipperyBrick

So I don't know if this is an issue everyone is having (or even a Leadwerks issue) but for the past few hours I haven't been able to access my beloved Leadwerks from my Steam library.

Everytime I click on Leadwerks in my Steam library Steam instantly crashes and I cannot click on anything else. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's to do with the new Workshop integration on the landing page you get when clicking on Leadwerks from your Steam library although I'm most probably totally incorrect.

Screenies (not that they show much):

http://gyazo.com/2cb68243989111106b7b31faa965b883

http://gyazo.com/6c2cb90d5e3de731a113229ab0013329

I checked with another game that has Workshop integration (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Left 4 Dead 2) and I am able to click and select them and I can click on the Workshop Items which load fine.

I have uninstalled Steam and re-installed and tried again and the problem persists. I've removed steamui.dll (this was brought up in a google search) and that didn't fix it :(

The problem is when there is a Steam problem you can't switch to offline mode, as you must be connected to choose "offline mode", so you're blocked. This is where standalone version is lot more secure system agains any Steam/internet connection failure..

I got same error, no Steam, no LE3 :(

When that happens, this is where you prefer software non dependant on network or provider.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

YouGroove, you don't have to go to Library to go into Offline mode. I believe only going to Library freezes Steam. And I thought it was something weird with the Leadwerks Workshop too as the same icons didn't load for me either but seeing Dan's screenshot changes things, I think.

As a sidenote, I tried to access Leadwerks through Big Picture mode but I don't think it can be accessed through the Library there. sad.png

This is a Steam issue. I posted a report to Valve.

In the meantime, you can create a shortcut to launch the application like this:

My problem is that I don't think Leadwerks updated properly. I think it stopped about 1% in. Is there a way to try to have it re-download without going into it from Library?

Ohhhh almighty Steam Gods, we call upon your power to banish this evil curse that has taken over our Leadwerks!

Chant with me everyone!

The power of Leadwerks compels you, the power of Leadwerks compels you!

EDIT: It didn't work sad.png but I think it changed my Windows sounds,

• Upvote 2

I just bought the developer and haven't downloaded it yet and when I click on it in the library, it crashes steam

This must be some Steam servers or other problem on their side, this had already happened in the past, not same error problem, but some other blocking problems. Just wait until they get that fixed to be able to download it.

I can launch LE3 Steam version using the default installation shortcut.

When I navigate to the Leadwerks.exe and make a shortcut I don't have a Web Document tab to place that data into. Win 8.1 here.

Also, this isn't just about LE it's everything. If I try to launch a game from Steam Library it freezes as well.

When I navigate to the Leadwerks.exe and make a shortcut I don't have a Web Document tab to place that data into. Win 8.1 here.

Just rightclick on the desktop -> new -> shortcut -> enter "steam://rungameid/251810" -> give a name -> finish

(the single points might be named slightly different since I translated them)

EDIT:

You can also just take the attached file. (The forum here doesn't allow for shortcuts (.lnk-files), so I had to zip it.)

LE-shortcut.zip

This is why i uninstalled Win 8 for two people and installed Win7 for them, Win 8 is so gadget and so confusing.

Also, this isn't just about LE it's everything. If I try to launch a game from Steam Library it freezes as well.

Yes, you must not launch anything from Steam i think. Could it be LE3 or games, you must launch them from a shortcut.