Request models here

Josh

I have an art budget and I am looking to have new custom content produced. If your game needs models, request them in this thread. This doesn't necessarily mean I will make what you need, but I am interested in hearing your ideas.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

That's great news :)

I can't wait to get back up and running myself :P once I do, if you aren't able to fulfill some of the requests I might just be able to make one or two here and there when I have the time.. I should be back in business within a couple of weeks, maybe three because I seem to have some real bad luck lately lol :\

Animated models too? I think First person arm variations where different weapons can be mounted on them would be hugely useful for a lot of people.

Yeah, that's probably my #1 item.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If you had a huge chunk of cash I'd suggest generic Assassin's Creed-style swordsman, rogue and mage. Kind of like what Arteria has but higher quality. A zombie would be good for the community though the crawler is a great placeholder for that (I'm not a zombie game fan personally). And maybe a futuristic model like a space marine.

But these are just ideas. I was very close to hiring an artist for the 3 medieval characters a few months ago but thought I'd better make coding progress with placeholders first as my project is a slow hobby at this point.

As many people are focused on FPS like Rick said : perhaps some hero character soldier with each category weapon : gun, rifle,snipe,grenade, bazooka, with dedicaced animations and with realistic FPS view allowing to view legs and foots.

Many people make zombie/humanoid games, perhaps give them some ?

Perhaps submit some vote here or on Steam sayign what character style you would want to see on LE3 ?

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

-Animated Fake Volumetric Light Models, Like:

63ecc0566d6edb048c1c1f1c49512377.png

-That scripted plane model you told me about to make these:

0c6c16b5e6dee3e68e750eade597844f.png

And generic trash models:

da26ac0cc277361fdf589de693433be6.png

-More Light Models

Basically, the volumetric lighting and the light models would just make scenese look better and would look pretty to tech demo the engine tongue.png

• Upvote 3

I would personally recommend a pack of useful environmental props. When new people come to new engines, they generally just use what they have, which can make the engine look bad. But if you have good assets for them to use, sometimes its hard to make them look bad, and can improve what other people see in the engine.

• Upvote 2

Vehicle physics are not supported in LE3, so it would be useless.

We have a lot more control in Leadwerks 3 with motorized joints than we did in Leadwerks 2, which had problems with vehicles rolling away unintentionally; we can just use a motorized joint now to control the behavior precisely. All that's needed is a linear spring joint for suspension and vehicles will work.
  • Upvote 3

A human scale reference in .blend format - could be as easy as importing the fps controller place holder into blender. It's really helpful when modeling to make sure you have consistent a scale that will just drop into leadwerks with no further scaling needs

• Upvote 2

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

@Guppy :

Make a cube in BLender, export it to LE3 and see how it matches the crawler model, resize it on BLender until it is matching almots the crawler character and you have your BLender reference character sizes.

@Dan22 :

To fake volumetric some layers of alpha planes should do it.

Blue lights coronas, is a simple alpha plane with script showing/hidding it when it's center position is visible.

• Upvote 1

I gave my input on the Steam Forums, so I am just going to copy paste what i wrote before.

- Male and Female Character, with animations (Walk, Run, Attack, Die, Hit, Idle, Jump, Left and Right move, Backward Walk)

- Medieval, Futuristic Sci-Fi, or Modern props and locations

- Vegetation and Landscape, and a way to paint the vegetation (Unity3D style)

- Animals or Creatures with basic animations (Walk, Attack, Die, Idle)

Any or all of these would be infinitely useful.

• Upvote 1

@Guppy :

Make a cube in BLender, export it to LE3 and see how it matches the crawler model, resize it on BLender until it is matching almots the crawler character and you have your BLender reference character sizes.

And then each of us ends up with sligthly different sized props depending on how hunched we belive the crawler to be.

Honestly it doesn't have to be a model even of a box I'd be quite happy with WxHxD in blender units

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Im thinking if you made foliage props such as rocks and vegetation, then make an update that improves leadwerks terrain system (random placement of props, overlays, ect) would be a good idea because you can show off the new assets and a new feature at the same time.

• Upvote 2

And then each of us ends up with sligthly different sized props depending on how hunched we belive the crawler to be.

Well for characters you won't change the size a lot as LE3 collision navigation cylinder has a fixed size for any character size.