Sample Animation

Josh

I plan to have a large set of reusable animations produced. These will be used for Leadwerks-made models, and can also be imported onto your own character models to animate them. I am posting the attached sample to make sure there are no compatibility problems, and give artists here a chance to provide any feedback they may have. Please check out the model and tell me if there are any issues with this:

CAT Test_02.FBX.zip

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The texture is missing - seems to be an absolute reference to "C:\Users\Fabio\Desktop\Polygonmaker\Fantasy Horde - Guards\Guards-Unity\Assets\Fantasy Horde_Guards\Textures\FH_guards_01.tga"

Also there are no bones or animations - then again that could have been lost when importing to blender ( 2.7.1 RC )

Still I'm intrigued about these reusable animations, given the correct bone naming scheme we should be able to use them on any humanoid in LE, right?

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Yes, the idea is to make our animations once and just reuse them. The FBX has bones and animations when I load it in Leadwerks.

Apparently, the Blender FBX importer does not presently support bones.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Interesting, it appears that LE3 removes bones with no animations associated with it? When opened in uu3d, there is an extra bone, 'HumanSword', as a child to the 'HumanPelvis' but it doesn't show up in the mdl when automatically converted using the editor. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing, just surprised.

A t-pose to accompany this animation would be nice to allow for easy rigging of a character then adding this animation sequence.

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel