terrain tools problems

- Smooth tool on some abrupt surfeac works like flatten instead of lowering the general height and smootyhing all

- Sculpt terrain make riddles lines, seems like the inner circle is too pronounced ? It happens when you keep pressing sculpt than make fast movements from left top right for example.

post-3271-0-94058000-1407778135_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-40458100-1407778261_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

• 2 weeks later...

What GPU?

Can you try creating a new project and see if the problem persists? It is possible it could be an outdated shader used for drawing terrain.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'll check it out on AMD cards. Has been working without issue, but they might have changed something in a driver update.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It baffles me that a driver from a different video card factory can cause such a thing. Running an nvidia card myself and I don't have this problem.

Drivers is software, software have bugs - especially when the engineers try to cut corners in the name of benchmarks scores (=more sales) *shrug*

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

It can also be that sometimes ATI exposes mistakes that Nvidia hides away.

Please try the following:

In the Leadwerks asset browser, open the file "Shaders/Drawing/drawimage.shader".

Select the vertex shader and find the following line of code:

gl_Position = projectionmatrix * (drawmatrix * vec4(position[gl_VertexID]+offset, 0.0, 1.0));

Change it to this:

gl_Position = projectionmatrix * (drawmatrix * vec4(position[gl_VertexID], 0.0, 1.0));

Save the file and tell me if that fixes the problem.

• Upvote 1