Fps Weapon Pack

Leon

I downlaod this pack from the workshop but I cant know how to use it.

I created a prefab of the 2 weapons to try and applied them the fpswapon.lua but the edior crashes when I launch it..

I tried without he script attached but arms and weapon are not dislayed..

how can I solve that??

Hi,

These more than likely wont work by just adding them in to the demo as they have no affiliation to it. In fact they were made for a community project a while back. I'm not sure what's causing the crash as I haven't tried, maybe a node is being searched for and can't find it on my model or something.

I could say I could make it work but at the moment with the latest addition to the family, time, sleep etc is out the window and have minimal time for even my project. If I do have a spare sec this weekend I'll try take a look, but I can't promise anything.

Have you tried stepping through the code to see where it crashes?

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I had a look at the script. The script for the FPS weapon is highly dependent on how the animations are done and bone names are named. I created another script called FPSFireable weapon which is more generic. Both the 9mm and the shotgun work with this script.

@TJHeldna: The script reload function plays the reload animation to its end. For the shotgun however this ends halfway in the air. May I suggest ending the animation so that it moves back to its starting position?

FPSFireableWeapon.lua

post-45-0-72288600-1408708373_thumb.png

1. Is the index of the reload animation. If you go to the model viewer by double clicking on a weapon, you can see in the animation tab which index an animation has.

2. Speed of the reload animation

3. Is the index of the fire animation.

4. Speed of the fire animation.

5. The offset for the muzzle flash.

6. The child bone/entity where the muzzle flash is positioned

7. Default rotation of the model. If a model is rotated in to the wrong direction (which is the case with the weapon pack) you need to set an initial rotation.

Every weapon model from Tim Heldna's weaponpack has a child entity called muzzlePoint. That entity needs to be linked in to the script to let the script know where the Muzzleflash should be positioned.

post-45-0-75055600-1408708381.jpg

• Upvote 1

Now see, this is the exact type of response some one just might be looking for. o flaming, no hurt feelings of veteran members because we noobies arent getting it right off as non coders.

Many thanks to Aggror for doing this. This help me understand even more of the steps needed and after I take a look at the script, maybe some of it will make sense.

In other forums I have used of different engines, there were topics JUST for scripts, one for free models others have made and so on and so on. . . . I guess I thought the "better "engines would have had the same type of charitable members

• Upvote 1

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Now see, this is the exact type of response some one just might be looking for. o flaming, no hurt feelings of veteran members because we noobies arent getting it right off as non coders.

Off topic, I know, but I also wanted to echo this. The kindness and helpfulness of the Leadwerks Community is what makes my feel my $100 was well spent.

• Upvote 1