EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I am getting this almost all the time now any idea what it is as its got to the point it is making me not want to use leadwerks it is random so i cant pin point it it can happen when building nav mesh or when simply saving or even when i click run.

• Upvote 1

Asus Extreme v x99, Intel I7, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, SSD, Geforce GTX 980 4GB, 16GB Ripjaw DDR4

I always get this issue when I startup Leadwerks (it can be ignored for me). For me, I think it has to do with some textures I'm using, but I'm not sure. Anyway, sorry I can't really help pinpoint anything, but this happens to me too.

On a related note, does it crash Leadwerks or can you continue working? And how often does it occur?

Have you tried a clean install?

This editor IS subject to strange behaviour from time to time. Things make it crash quite easily.I have been using the day/night shader until tonight without probs but now its saying it can't read the file.I havn;t been near that file for days so whats going on?

More info might help in your case.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I use a Sapphire 6950 card (flashed with 6970 bios) with current drivers and I am also seeing the random crashes with out cause or apparent reason. I can be doing anything. Including absolutely nothing but thinking about my next steps. Access violation pops up and the the software closes when you confirm the message. I am on a fresh build as none of my projects would even launch with several different errors popped up from Bank Resize error to the Access Violation and a couple of others. Not too sure if the fresh install is going to do anything but im beyond frustrated at this point.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Hi guys thanks for the reply's i have tried everything i can think of even wet as far as formatting my computer with a clean install of windows

My graphics card is desktop AMD Asus R9 running latest drivers 14.4

When i get this error i closes leadwerks all together it is random so i can say what is causing it is there a crash report leadwerks creates when it does this ?

Asus Extreme v x99, Intel I7, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, SSD, Geforce GTX 980 4GB, 16GB Ripjaw DDR4

Past my limit of crashes. . . . .

The latest rounds of crashes have cost me HOURS of work that is now completely gone! The entire project is gone. Another project, the entire terrain that was painstakingly sculpted and half of the assets that were placed have disappeared. This is now beyond annoying as I have lost way too much time. Is there a fix in the future or do we know what is causing the issues? Isnt there a debug or crash logs or somethign to look at?

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

so, what has changed in the last month when this started occurring to make every ones cards "not good enough" I was fine and then recently is when all the problems have occurred and a bad GPU dont explain how an entire project and half of another disappears.

Im not being a jerk here but I dont see the assimilation of a perfectly good card that runs every thing I have perfectly fine to all of a sudden not being good enough in the last few weeks.

Im totally open to suggestions and will gladly buy a new card or 2 if this is the guaranteed fix!

Ive just added my full system specs. . . . . .

Your project isn't gone. It still exists in Documents\Leadwerks\Projects and can be imported back into the editor. Even if you never saved the map, it was automatically backed up in Documents\Leadwerks\Backups.

I suspect graphics cards are the problem here. Not quite good enough maybe.

That could be, but it's still my responsibility to make it work.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

After several attempts and even more access violation and memory resize errors, i was finally able to get the project back. how ever every attempt to restore the other project is just an endless loop of access violations. It dont matter which save I try to use.

That could be, but it's still my responsibility to make it work.

Im just concerned with the fact that it was working just fine and now its crashing.

ummmmmm, ok. . . . .

As long as it dont effect my upgrades I just did to my rig, Im happy

Just installed:

16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite

AMD FX 9590 8 core and

Asus Radeon R9 270X

Any clues you wish to share?

I knew that. . . . . Im ot sure why I asked other than just being dead tired.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I still get the access violation on occasion. I could be doing almost anything and from time to time, It decides what I was doing wasnt important and pokes me with the violation error as if I was doing something I shouldnt be. . . .

The latest was on exporting my level for a tester of mine. For some reason, it slapped my face with the error and sent me off mad. after 2 other attempts, I was able to export the project how ever, it wont run for anything. The only way i cant get it to run is to pack the project folder up and do it that way.

No biggy right now but ya, it still kicks me out once in a while. Albiet, it has reduced quite a bit.