A couple of Editor improvement suggestions.

ChrisV

Hey Josh!

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add an option (maybe by using a slider, or a dropdown selection box) to set the grid size, and also some indicator to see which grid size is currently active (could be at the bottom of the editor perhaps).

Using a slider or dropdown selection box would make it a bit quicker to select a certain grid size, and the indicator would help to know which grid size is currently selected. Thanks!

Another thing that came to mind when using the flowgraph editor...when having lots of interaction using the flowgraph, the flowgraph window will get cluttered easily, and it'll make it harder to find the actions you're searching for. Some possibilities to solve that could be by adding a 'go to' option (right clicking the object in the scene view) which would then take you to the flowgraph action that this object uses, or maybe by having one flowgraph window per object, or another possibility could be to have a zoom in/out option inside the flowgraph window, or also adding an option to add comments to the flowgraph editor and group things together.

Anyways, they are just ideas/suggestions. wink.png

Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

You know about the [ and ] key shortcuts, right? That's all I ever use.

Yes, i know about them, but a slider or dropdown would be (a bit quicker), plus it would be a visual help to pick a size. Currently there's also no indication of what size the grid is set to. A slider or dropdown menu would fix both at the same time, and a bit faster than pressing the [ ] keys multiple times. And as DerRidda says, one some keyboards they are Shift or AltGr layered characters...which means, if i need to change from lowest to highest grid size, that i need to press a lot of keys to get there.

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Currently there's also no indication of what size the grid is set to

It's at the bottom of the viewports.

I like the flowgraph ideas though. It would be nice to zoom in/out and allow multiple flowgraphs. Flowgraphs should just be things you can add to your scene like any other entity. No need for only having 1 special flowgraph for the entire scene. We should be able to add any number of flowgraphs to a scene.

• Upvote 4

It's at the bottom of the viewports.

Ah yes, you're right...it is displayed when you click inside the 2D viewports, but not when the perspective view is currently active. That must have been the reason that i didn't see or noticed it. Thanks, Rick! smile.png

Actually the following would stream line the flowgraph quite well:

• Zooming in & out
  • Scrollbars (not everyone has or can use middle mouse button/scrollwheel)
  • Comment boxes (see Unreal KISMET for good example)

Other than the above I think flowgraph is a great asset for quickly pulling your game logic together.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)