Model created in C++ don't collide

Nimzog

I'm trying to created a special move collision sphere for my game and when I create them in C++ with a code like this :

//create the collision sphere for the model
CollisionSphere = Model::Sphere();
CollisionSphere ->SetPosition(player->GetPosition());
CollisionSphere ->SetMaterial(invisiblityMat);
CollisionSphere ->SetCollisionType(Collision::Character);

later I add a CollisionHook and some code that will make it follow the player around. As I track the collision of this Sphere nothing happens.

I later tried to make a prefab with all the settings and sill the same result.

I decided to let the sphere there and see if it collides with the player and it didn't, but if I leave the prefab in the map it would collide with the player.

I am a total loss here.

When I use PhysicsSetPosition it does not follow the player anymore... But it was a good guess.

PhysicsSetPosition() failed probably because the entity had no mass. How are you updating the position of the sphere? Either code or an example demo would be helpful. Also, another way to troubleshoot is to use camera:SetDebugPhysicsMode() to see how the physic shapes are moving and are located where you expect them.

And to what Einlander was suggesting - a csg primitve without mass or a script, and the engine will think the csg is a static entity and I believe try to optimize it into one mesh along with other static csg's with no script (but that might just apply to the editor and loaded maps - can't say for sure as the documentation is lacking in this area). So add a mass and since you don't want it to be affected by gravity, use entity:SetGravityMode(). Then to prevent SetPosition() from possibly breaking the physics, try using PhysicsSetPosition().

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

If you just want to check if your sphere has had a collision but you don't want it to actually collide you could set the collision type to Collision.Trigger. If you want it to collide with more then just Character collision types you will have to create your own collision type using Collision:SetResponse().

• Upvote 1