Installer Issues

So, Ive released a demo to some friends basically an update to one of my projects when I was told that there was some issue with the installer.

Confused, I attempted to install it on my machine only to be presented with this. Other published games, including this one worked just fine until recent.

AND, can we do something about file sizes allowed for upload? Its damned near impossible to get anything useful this small guys! Really? "You can upload up to 37.31K of files (Max. single file size: 37.31K)"

Sure, I could upload the image elsewhere but that is such a hassle

post-12522-0-65515300-1413771816.png

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Im just a dumb English speaking American. . . . Looks Greek to me as they say. Any ideas?

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

I raised the upload limit for default members.

I have never seen this before. It looks like corrupted data, somehow. I would re-publish the installer first. Does it work on your own computer?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have republished the project a total of 2 times. Both do this to me.

I'm also having an issue where as when I close Leadwerks, steam don't see the fact that it's closed and always says im still in the program. I have to control alt del steam to get it to allow me to open it again or use other steam apps.

I think it's still in my Dropbox so I'll get that as soon as I get home! I'm anticipating the weapons pack too.

I'm actually modifying the way publish works in 3.3. It's going to copy all files into an export folder, and zip the media files up into an encrypted zip file. You will then use Inno Setup or another programmer to make your installer. This provides encrypted games, and Inno Setup will do a better job than my home-made installer.

The 3.3 beta will be available in a couple hours.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Its uploading to my dropbox still. Ive tried to install it after republishing the game. same thing. It installs almost immediately but wont launch and the folder created for the game in X86 is empty. Looking at the properties pane, it says the file is 2.2GB so there has to be something there right? lol.

When the new system is in place, will there be an option to install a desktop icon for the game? That was my next question but havnt had a chance to search the forums before asking. I cant wait to try out the Beta. When does the gun pack come out BTW?

Well, I found the Workshop system just couldn't support deployment of more complex items with lots of different files. I mean, it was possible, just a lot of work and it was at the point where I realized I was just making life too hard for us. So to get the guns out, I need to release 3,3. But a little secret is I finished 3.3 basically two weeks ago, so now it just needs testing and documenting.

The installer stuff is coincidental. There's probably a way to fix your problem, but I am changing the way games are published to make sure all assets are encrypted, so there's not much point in trying to fix this now when it will be replaced soon. I've never seen your problem happen before from anyone, by the way.