questions about compatibility and distribution

drarem

1) I'm currently using Lubuntu 64bit 14.04, will the editor run on it? I have all of the deps required installed that I know of.

2) How do I package for other Linux distros, is there a tutorial/link for it?

3) It doesn't have to go through Steam right - can be a stand alone?

4) I take it the engine is 32bit only, not that it's a bad thing?

Thanks.

1) Ubuntu 14.04 with Unity is the only officially supported distro at the moment. That being said you should be very well off with Lubuntu functionality wise but if the UI doesn't look right under LXDE you will have to live with that.

2) Do you mean packaging for your created games? It doesn't do distro specific packaging, it just zips everything up. Dependencies for games are fairly slim, I think it's X11, GLX, glibc and OpenAL. Pretty much only dependencies you have automatically fulfilled on any modern desktop distro.

3) The editor you should absolutely buy on Steam every other place is kinda treated second rate at the moment, your games can be sold outside of Steam though, that's up to you.

4) The editor is 32bit everywhere and the engine is 64bit on Linux and 32bit on Windows.

5) The USD199 edition still exists but is sold differently now. You buy the USD99.99 Indie Edition and add the USD99.99 Standard Edition DLC on Steam.

6) Mobile export is gone for the time but Mac support is still planned, just doesn't have a high priority now, so don't count on it being there soon.