Entertaining myself with different styled maps

Imchasinyou

here is a map I have started on to see if its possible to have multiple layers including a sewer system.

Here is my take so far. Suggestions would be appreciated. Keep in mind, Im a hobbyist and cant code for ****!

http://youtu.be/_glF1SNvGKs

• Upvote 5

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Thanks Hayden (if I may). I have plans to add in more sewer and possibly some rooms and then bring the player back to the surface in an industrial area. Not sure if I want to make a new level for that just yet or just keep building into this one. I was thinking of using a lift to a CSG set to trigger the map change so once the player reaches the lift and begins to rise, the map will change.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

That sounds like a solid design. I would go with making a new level when you switch to the industrial area just so you can make the most out of each separate area without running into performance issues. Using a lift for the map change is a great idea. Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to seeing more!

Now, I just have to pry that weapon pack out of Josh's hands so i can use them. . . . HINT HINT Josh. . . . .

Im getting stack overflow error . Ive set an elevator shaft with cage style doors that open apart. have to figure out how to activate together with flow graph later and a CSG box to trigger the map change when you enter the elevator. Not too sure what that means.

Searchign the forums now.

Searched the forums and found nothing. Nothing on the web anywhere that I understand and running in debug gives me a simple lua error 1

Thanks Panther. Ill have to take a look at it. Im still stuck with the stack over flow error on the map change. Im using the stock map change script. Setting the next map to the correct map name and everything :(

It just dont make any sense to me as the trigger map change works in another map just fine and that project used to publish, now it wont. Actually none of my good ones I like will publish now for what ever reason. If they do publish, they wont run.

I hate to start that city sewer project all over. Ive got alot of time in it. debug dont tell me anything either.