R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

Error tends to occur when loading "terraintool.shader."

Specs are as follow:

AMD FX-8350

XFX R9 280x

8gb of Kingston HyperX @ 1600Mhz

(And that's all that's important.)

This error started happening when I bought my 280x. The engine ran fine on my 660 ti.

My friend with a 280x also has this exact same error. Any ideas? Am I simply missing an install, or need a re-install due to a GPU change?

post-12993-0-74367400-1416880418_thumb.png

• Upvote 1
r572xf.png

• 2 weeks later...

Specs:

FX-8150

16gigs ram

HD7870

I just tried to run Leadwerks 3.3 and getting the same error.. but with 14.11.2 ... I only installed 14.11.2 because Dragon Age inquisition needed that driver to work properly..

post-2229-0-67384300-1417803483_thumb.jpg

Windows Crash log:

post-2229-0-98742600-1417803535_thumb.jpg

Initial Crash :

post-2229-0-04461000-1417803631.jpg

Also Leadwerks is still running after the initial crash when you click close program ... I check task manager and its still in the list of running programs..it should close if you click close..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

So, just a thing. 14.9 drivers do work with Leadwerks. I guess it was just the beta drivers that didnt like Leadwerks - or many other games in fact. So. That's just a thing.

Yeah but I game and try to make games on the same computer... it seems those are conflicting because new games need the Beta driver... Leadwerks 3.3 seems to have problems with it.. another program did have some problems with the beta driver...but not since it was patched..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Having the same issue. Im hoping something will come about to fix it. Im going to attempt to roll back the driver

EDIT: Rolled back the driver to the last one and everything is fine once again. I know better to jump on the latest and greatest when it comes to drivers but did it anyhow. . . . There are ALWAYS issues with them. ALWAYS!

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

New graphics card R9 270X 4gig Double Dissipation edition: http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-270x-double-dissipation-edition-r9-270x-edjr

With Catalyst 14.12(Omega) drivers ... Leadwerks 3.3 still fails to launch..

Rolling back breaks other programs that work fine...including some games..

I wouldn't go that far about ATI. I only have problems with exactly 1 piece of software when it comes to ATI cards. That and any software that thinks using hardware Physx is a good idea. How is it that my 8 core 4Ghz processor and 2 R9 270x gfx cards struggling to run Borderlands 2 on max settings and max Physx? Because NVIDIA made the tools and basically told and users to f off. If you can't tell I'm bitter against NVIDIA. (got a nvidia motherboard, with NVIDIA chipsets and built in NVIDIA gfx card? Installed an ATI gfx card? Gonna have to disable hardware Physx)

I got tired of dealing with it ...switched to my laptop ...will do all Leadwerks related stuff on my laptop from now on...

its a quad-core 1.4ghz/2.3ghz turbo, 8gigs ram, HD6520G graphics

it seems to handle non-debug mode fine with the AI and events test map... debug is pretty much unplayable..

using 14.4 APU drivers

I've got the same thing. ****ing AMD just pulled the rug out from under us right before Christmas.

Reported to AMD here:

http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1307149#1307149

It's a crash in the driver. Debugging the editor in Visual Studio doesn't catch anything.

Does anyone know where I can find the previous working 14.9 driver? They sure hide it quickly.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You may need to uninstall your previous driver. It's probably safest to uninstall anything that says AMD or ATI, then install the driver above.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.