Assert Failed after tonight's beta update

Michael_J

Just a head's up--after tonight's update from the beta branch I get an "assert failed" message as soon as the editor opens. It still shows "Leadwerks Editor - <untitled>" in the title, so I don't even think it starts to load the last level loaded before the Assert Failed.

Clicking "OK" immediately shuts down the editor...

--"There is no spoon"

Here's what it gives me:

Syncing Addons...
Initializing...
Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...
OpenGL version 431
GLSL version 430
Device: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Loading texture "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Materials/Common/bfn.tex"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Editor/terraintool.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Editor/wireframe.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Editor/solid.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Model/default.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Editor/grid.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Lighting/ambientlight.shader"...
Loading font "C:/Windows/Fonts/Arial.ttf"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Drawing/drawtext.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Drawing/drawprimitive.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Editor/skybox.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Misc/occlusionquery.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Model/Shadow/shadow.shader"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Shaders/Lighting/directionallight.shader"...
Loading material "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/Materials/Icons/directionallight.mat"...
Loading shader "D:/DCI_work/Rogue_System/shaders/editor/sprite.shader"...
Vertex shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:30: error(#314) No such field in interface block viewmatrix
ERROR: 0:30: error(#145) Left of "[" is not of type array, matrix, or vector: entity
ERROR: 0:30: error(#160) Cannot convert from: "unknown qualifier interface block" to: "highp 4X4 matrix of mat4"
ERROR: error(#273) 3 compilation errors.  No code generated
Failed to compile vertex shader.
Error: Failed to compile vertex shader.
Assert failed.

--"There is no spoon"

I have no idea--as far as *I* know, nothing.... I'm just telling you what I did to correct the problem based on what the log file pointed to, which was the vertex portion of the sprite.shader smile.png

The bigger concern should probably be why the editor failed as it did simply because the shader failed to compile....

--"There is no spoon"

That's expected behavior. If a required shader fails to compile I want the program to stop.

Does the standard shader work correctly?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hmm--not sure I agree there. For example, let's say I'm developing a shader and I code something that causes a crash when it tries to compile (has happened to me a couple times). Now, when I go to re-open the editor it WON'T open because of the bugged shader. Isn't that's like saying Visual Studio shouldn't open because you accidentally coded a crash bug? :)

The only way I got out of this situation was because I had an earlier version of the shader source-controlled and could fall back to it. smile.png (Or, yes, I could have changed the shader extension so it wouldn't try to load).

In any case, as far as I can tell, all the other shaders are working fine...

--"There is no spoon"

It only occurs with certain required shaders.

I am still not clear on whether the standard/current shader has a problem. I cannot produce this problem with my ATI card.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.