Character 'Gavin'

tjheldna

Wow that looks amazing.

And because purely positive feed back is useless here are a few nitpicks: wink.png

1) The lighting on the model doesn't do it justice it is for instance impossible to see any detail on the neck. Here is a tip from photography - since rending a showcase model is pretty much the same thing

3-point_setup.gif

http://mrstromain.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/3-point_setup.gif

2) shine (specularity?) map

the leather bits ( small bags, shoes ) it seems unlikely that a guy that scruffy takes the time to do a mirror polish on his boots and belt bags every morning ;)

The bagpack looks a but like plasic, again dampening the shine will help.

The shine on the hair makes it look waxy, if he is to be used for 3rd person this will become very anoying after a while.

The face colour seems a little bland you might want to add a tiny smidge of shine here ( just dont overdo it or he will end up looking greasy )

Over all I'm extremely impressed - I've seen people who sell their models who didn't look half this good.

• Upvote 2

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Wow, that literally looks straight out of a AAA game!

I agree with Guppy with the specular maps since parts look too since parts look like plastic.

Also, I would maybe add more detail to the backpack and shoes (like higher res textures) because from behind, the character's detail level is a bit inconsistent, although this might be the overuse of specularity.

I really like the face, jeans, and the hands (yep that's a weird criticism haha). But his hands seem to have amazing geometry (although the whole model really does but the hands are particularly impressive).

Good job! Keep it up!

And because purely positive feed back is useless here are a few nitpicks: wink.png

No problem Guppy and nick.ace, feedback is always welcome, and there is always room for improvement. I must admit I don't know a lot about lighting. I'll have a play around with you suggestion, thanks!

As far as specular goes, at the moment it is a high poly zBrush model and in zBrush specular is done more in a painted material than a map. The spec isn't going to come across to the final model so I don't spend a whole lot of time on it.

You would need PBR shaders to really make it great tongue.png

He will go through Quixel's ndo and ddo for sure and that's not far off.

are you re making Last Of Us game in LE3 ?

Rick and I are prototyping an idea at the moment to see if the idea floats and there is interest. You will have to wait and see =)

Thank you all for your time.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0