Window Sizing

MichaelSch

Hello everyone! I am new to Leadwerks as you may tell by my post count, but am quite familiar with C++ game programming (yes I am using C++). I am having an issue with Leadwerks::Window::Create()

I am calling it like so: MainWindow = Leadwerks::Window::Create("Mystic Kingdoms",0,0,MKWidth, MKHeight);

Basically, the problem is MKWidth and MKHeight do NOT set the proper width and height. It is setting it to essentially be maximized. However if I type in the number itself rather than these variables, I get it working properly. The reason I want to use a variable is because I want player options so they may in-game choose window resolution and have it saved out (using a file read / write system with encryption). Any ideas? Thanks in advance! -Michael S

• Upvote 1

Problem = solved. I was reading it in as a string and converting it to an int. This apparently = bad idea. Only reason I was doing that (so I don't seem like an idiot reading in a string as an int lol) was so I could use my encryption, but what I was doing particularly was not important enough to encrypt to enforce this. Just easier reading it in as an unencrypted int biggrin.png

Thanks!

-Michael S

Great... Sorry for double post, but as SOON as I posted that I thought of a way to read it in as a string. It is now working as an encrypted string biggrin.png

-Michael S

EDIT: Apparently this forum kicks EXTREME a** because it added my "double post" into my previous post. Awesome.