const char* className_cstr = lua_tostring(L, 2);
   string className(className_cstr);

Vec3 posit = entity->GetPosition();
}

The Lua code that calls this C code

function Script:Start()
   WorldFactions.RegisterClass(self.entity, "AnimatedModel");
end

I get an access violation on the line that is Vec3 posit = entity->GetPosition();

Below is a screenshot of the breakpoint on the same line before execution.

4isJqRg.png

the last problem i had with .GetPosition()

it was this csg objects from toolbar made problem without have a script, it was not a entity object and something else i believe.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

Any chance it is a CSG brush? Those get collapsed on scene loading for performace. Only when a script is attached these remain entities.

That's what I thought at first but he's passing self.entity inside an entity script (because of Script:Start() shown) which means even if it was it has a script attached to it which would prevent the collapse.

I'm not 100% sure if the Lua entity can be translated to an Entity in C++. You might want to try just passing it's string name and then in C++ find it via it's name for testing purposes. Of course this means each name has to be unique (which I'm a proponent for personally anyway).

I would guess as well that the LUA entity is not directly compatible with a C++-Entity (as Rick suggested). Your screenshot shows that the attributes have some rubbish values. So that object you are inspecting surely isn't a C++-Entity. Maybe there is a bit of an offset needed. I would try implementing the method Rick suggested and then looking at the different addresses the two methods yield and whether they are in any way coherent.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also getting an access violation when using the ->SetPosition/Fov commands in C++. Code in question(Posting the entire App::Start for completeness' sake) :

bool App::Start()
{
//Perform cfg checks. Sets screenres to 1920x1080 if they throw an error
try {
ScreenWidth = stoi(System::GetProperty("Screen Width", "1920"));
ScreenHeight = stoi(System::GetProperty("Screen Height", "1080"));
} catch (std::invalid_argument) {std::cout << "\n\nWaiter!!! There was a string in my Screen Res!\n\n";}

//Initialize Steamworks (optional)
if (!Steamworks::Initialize())
{
System::Print("Error: Failed to initialize Steam.");
return false;
}
//Create a window
window = Leadwerks::Window::Create("Game Window",0,0,ScreenWidth,ScreenHeight,Window::Titlebar);

//Create a context
context = Context::Create(window);

//Create a world
world = World::Create();

std::string mapname = System::GetProperty("map","Maps/G.map");
Map::Load(mapname);

//The culprits are right here----->
//cam->SetPosition(0, 5, 0);
//cam->SetFOV(90);

//Move the mouse to the center of the screen
window->SetMousePosition(context->GetWidth()/2,context->GetHeight()/2);
window->HideMouse();
return true;
}

I have tried debuging multiple times, and it always throws an access violation when those 2 lines are uncommented. It works perfectly fine if I just create a camera through the editor though, so I have no clue what is going on.

EDIT: Apparently my problem was I forgot to call Camera::Create on cam....... I am an idiot. ಠ_ಠ