Ubuntu 14.04 Linux Bugs

This is going to be a thread where I list various bugs I find, since there are only a few Linux users.

Bugs:

- CollisionHull Generator, It crashes quite a bit. Sometimes It works, but if you change the settings and reapply, crashes everything.

- Apply Texture? Texture Lock? Buttons for these were missed for the Linux release or something according to Josh.

- Tool Tips for Sidebar buttons! They work on the top bar, but not on the side bar T-T

- Sticky / Wonky control key usage. Something is not quite right, Half the time it doesn't register and instead of duplicating I just move the original.

Ubuntu 14.04 (64-Bit) - Intel Core i7-2700K - Geforce GTX 670 - 8GB RAM

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be a thread where I list various bugs I find, since there are only a few Linux users.

Bugs:

- CollisionHull Generator, It crashes quite a bit. Sometimes It works, but if you change the settings and reapply, crashes everything.

There was recently some fixes done on this, but they have not been moved to the default branch yet. If you are on the beta branch and have a model that can crash the model editor, please post it here. I have not encountered anything like this recently. This would be considered a high-priority issue, but no one has posted a model that crashes the editor, and this is the first I have heard of it since that work was done. I would go as far as breaking off the routine into a separate executable so that even if the EXE crashes the editor would be fine, but I have nothing to go on right now without a file to test.

- Apply Texture? Texture Lock? Buttons for these were missed for the Linux release or something according to Josh.

The texture lock menu item was added a couple weeks ago, and the Apply menu item will be there tomorrow. Toolbars in Linux and Windows will not necessarily always be identical.

- Tool Tips for Sidebar buttons! They work on the top bar, but not on the side bar T-T

This is a fairly low-priority cosmetic issue. I mean it's important, but something that crashes the editor is way higher priority.

- Sticky / Wonky control key usage. Something is not quite right, Half the time it doesn't register and instead of duplicating I just move the original.

I have seen this happen occasionally. I believe it is a problem with the release key event not being detected when a dialog is open. The solution may be to flush all key states whenever any dialog box (like a file requester or notification box) is opened.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Josh locked this topic