How to create a curved path?

xtom

Use the tube compound object. You will have to play with the sizes to get the full 1/4 of a circle though. Un-group it and delete the unnecessary parts. Do it once and save out as a prefab that you can reuse. It might be easier to just import a model made somewhere else (click on the GIF below to see the animation).

post-4357-0-18232500-1422295731_thumb.gif

Built CSG boolean operators would make it easier to make all sorts crazy shapes. It has been requested and confirmed by Josh to be implemented at some point in 2015.

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Thanks Olby, that works a treat. I never would have guessed a Tube shape could be used for this.

Josh in the wireframe top view it looks like it is shaped geometry.

By the way is one end of the tube shape supposed to be open? When I add it it is possible to see through one end and see caulk textures inside so I have to flip it over.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

No its not supposed to be open sided. This means you set the thickness value a bit too high (basically it inverts the tube- making it inside out). The numbers from 0-31 mean you have 32 smoothing groups at your disposal.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)