anim file

gamecreator

It would be great for Leadwerks to recognize a file with a .anim extension. It would be the same format as the text file the model editor currently loads for animations except that it would be named yourmodelname.anim and whenever either it or the model itself are updated, the model animation list is automatically updated with the animations from this file. Much like I believe the mat file works right now.

Background: I'm adding animations to a model and every time I update the FBX and so the model file, the animations are gone. It would be nice to not have to load the animations back in every time and this seems like it would be easy to implement.

Thanks for considering!

Edit: somehow also remembering the scale the model was at before would be nice too so I don't have to keep scaling it down. These are minor things and very low priority but they would eliminate some unnecessary repetition.

• Upvote 1

Yup, I'm aware you can do that but it would be nice if the editor was smart enough to automatically associate animation files with models the same way it does material files. It would save you a few clicks each time, reloading the animation file. But again, not a big deal, just a suggestion.

• Upvote 1