Exception crash

He's back sad.png

exceptionback.jpg

I was trying to open some test levels , specially those with the new shader "PBR effect", they worked great in the afternoon, and trying to open them without having done nothing after , it crashes.

I'll try updating or re install LE3 and import projects to see if i can get back the level maps ?

Stop toying and make games

Another test :

I just launched LE3 with "My Game" default project , all is fine , but when i try to laod a map i have the exception.

Same with a project named "Winter".

So it's seems it's a problem with my system when trying to load a map.

I'll restart the computer to see if it's not some Steam, or process/memory corruped ?

Restarting can be a good idea but I can't continue this without having your files. Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'll have to re install, LE3 is going strange in my system, a simple running level ok, but i wanted to drop some character on the small map with drag and drop and it caused Exception crash.

bug.jpg

I don't have updated my Radeon drivers, but it all was running fine until these days , perhasp soem drivers update later also.

It was custom problems with my installs and shaders :

-Re installing LE3 i put it on main SSD instead of secondary old HD , so "Ai and Events" map loads and run ok, and drag and drop is ok.

-I checked some other project that crashed, removing some modification i made on Bloom shader and some other custom metal shaders, then i could laod the maps.

Thread can be closed.

The old bloom shader would constantly reallocate buffers which could easily cause a problem.

Also, if a script post effect crashes in the editor, there really isn't any way to catch the error, since it is running in release mode.