Disappearing wall

ocean

Hi there! :)

I've just started building in Leadwerks again after a long break. I'm having an issue where portions of a wall keep disappearing and the skybox behind it is rendered instead. Wondering what I might have done wrong or if it's a bug... It's just the one wall and it doesn't matter if I replace it. I figure it's best to try and fix these things early on.

Keep in mind, I'm a Beginner with a captial 'B'.

Thanks. :)

Video link: http://youtu.be/y1rEu0D0sks

Ubuntu 14.04 / 64bit. Dell XPS430, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 4Gb Ram, Radeon HD 6670, Leadwerks Pro edition (Steam).

I see what you mean. Could you post the .map file so we can look at it with greater detail?

Do you have 2 brushes overlapping on that wall that are fighting to show up on the same plane?

If you post your .map, I'll see what I can do, since your a fellow linux user and all... lol

All hail Linux!

Ubuntu 14.04 (64-Bit) - Intel Core i7-2700K - Geforce GTX 670 - 8GB RAM

Weird D:

I would zip it before attempting to attach it, which I'm sure you already new obviously ;P

And check your account permissions? Maybe message Josh if you have an issue still. I had one when I first made my account and he remedied it within 5 minutes.

Let me know how it goes.

Ubuntu 14.04 (64-Bit) - Intel Core i7-2700K - Geforce GTX 670 - 8GB RAM

I think that is actually expected behavior, at least for your framerate. Is that your actual framerate or are you slowing it down?

Anyway, Leadwerks does not render meshes that aren't in view (I guess all 3D engines do this as well?), so when you turn the view quickly like that, specifically coupled with a low framerate, these issues become more obvious. There is some delay, like maybe a frame, so that's why they aren't showing up.

No. This isn't my actual framerate, it's the screen recording software interfering I suppose.

I don't have to turn too quickly to have it happen, and it's just that one wall (brush) that's affected.

I still can't upload files... I'll hear with Josh if he can work some magic on my permissions.

Thanks, guys. :)

Ubuntu 14.04 / 64bit. Dell XPS430, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 4Gb Ram, Radeon HD 6670, Leadwerks Pro edition (Steam).

Leadwerks uses hardware occlusion culling which basically gives us hidden object removal in real-time that works everywhere. There is a small delay before the feedback from a visibility test comes back to the GPU, and this can result in objects popping into view at low framerates.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.