Take screenshots while testing your game

awgsknite

I just made this guide on how to take screenshots while testing your game in the Leadwerks editor. Here is the link :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/editor/take-screenshots-while-testing-r122

I could not find this info anywhere so that is why I am posting this so that we can all inspire each other as we create games. Thanks to NightQuest and Genebris who pointed me in the right direction

here is how to do it:

To take screenshots while your in the Leadwerks editor and testing your game just edit the FPSPlayer.lua script and add this line under your function Script:UpdateWorld() :

if window:KeyHit(Key.M) then

context:Screenshot()

end

I used if key M is pressed because in my game I am not using it for anything else. So just put in a key that you will only use for making screenshots.

After that just play your test game in the Leadwerks editor and hit the key M or whatever key you put in your script.

The screenshot will be saved in your steam screenshots folder so that you can share it on steam !

Here is the screenshot of the code to use:

pKb3H87.jpg?1

So let's see all your creations ! Inspire everyone !

• Upvote 3