Purchased Today, Cannot Load

k0rean

I purchased the indie edition with the standard edition dlc today through steam. I didn't have any problems with installation, and I attempted to open leadwerks after it was done installing. After several attempts, the same thing keeps happening. It copies the sample project for the "first time boot" and 2 windows pop up for leadwerks. Instantly, "Leadwerks.exe has stopped working" pops up. I can't even access the code to see what went wrong or where it went wrong. I looked on a different forum and it said it required microsoft visual studios to operate, so I went ahead and installed that as well. Still nothing. Please help.

• Upvote 1

Is there a log-file in your documents/Leadwerks - folder?

If so, maybe it contains a hint to what could be wrong.

You don't need visual studio to start Leadwerks, but you need it (and especially its compiler) for C++-projects

I'm new to any program like this, I'm 17 by the way, so I apologize if I sound like I'm clueless, but it's probably due to the fact that I'm clueless. Anyways, I think I have found the log file in the event viewer, and it says that the report id is 04b54154-bf97-11e4-9751-2c44fd0caff0. Is this enough information? I don't exactly know what to look for.

I'm new to any program like this, I'm 17 by the way, so I apologize if I sound like I'm clueless, but it's probably due to the fact that I'm clueless. Anyways, I think I have found the log file in the event viewer, and it says that the report id is 04b54154-bf97-11e4-9751-2c44fd0caff0. Is this enough information? I don't exactly know what to look for.

there should be a .log in the documents/leadwerks folder if there is one, and just copy and paste the content of it here.

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

there should be a .log in the documents/leadwerks folder if there is one, and just copy and paste the content of it here.

I'm not seeing anything like that in any folder inside leadwerks, I looked throughout all the folders inside steamapps\common\leadwerks

However, inside the scripts folder I just found a file named Error.lua, but it refuses to read through leadwerks, if that helps anything

What operating system and graphics card do you have?

Have you installed graphics drivers?

Have you tried disabling your antivirus program?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What operating system and graphics card do you have?

Have you installed graphics drivers?

Have you tried disabling your antivirus program?

I have windows 7 pro with an nvidia quadro K2000d, and the graphics drivers are up to date, my dad uses avid media composer and handles 1080p video on this computer, so (with my very limited knowledge) I don't think it would be something to do with the graphics card

This computer does not have any operating antivirus, however we regularly run malware bytes

I'm not seeing anything like that in any folder inside leadwerks, I looked throughout all the folders inside steamapps\common\leadwerks

However, inside the scripts folder I just found a file named Error.lua, but it refuses to read through leadwerks, if that helps anything

not the steamapps folder the my documents folder and inside there should be a folder called leadwerks in your my documents.

not the steamapps folder the my documents folder and inside there should be a folder called leadwerks in your my documents.

My fault, I have now checked there as well and I cannot find anything called .log

I continued looking for anything that could be it, but all I found that looked like it could have been a log file was just a document file called Leadwerks, and it was blank. Again, I'm sorry I can't be more help in explaining, I'll just try my best to find whatever you ask of me

My fault, I have now checked there as well and I cannot find anything called .log

I continued looking for anything that could be it, but all I found that looked like it could have been a log file was just a document file called Leadwerks, and it was blank. Again, I'm sorry I can't be more help in explaining, I'll just try my best to find whatever you ask of me

darn well this is puzzling.

• Upvote 1

The card you listed should support OpenGL 4, but it is a Workstation card, not a gaming card. These are typically used for CAD:

http://www.pny.com/nvidia_quadro_k2000d

That does not explain the problem, but it's the only thing that jumps out at me. Even if the engine can't initialize graphics or has an OpenGL error, it still should notify you of the problem.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The card you listed should support OpenGL 4, but it is a Workstation card, not a gaming card. These are typically used for CAD:

http://www.pny.com/nvidia_quadro_k2000d

That does not explain the problem, but it's the only thing that jumps out at me. Even if the engine can't initialize graphics or has an OpenGL error, it still should notify you of the problem.

yea your right it is a work-station typical graphic's card, but even if that was a problem some kind of notification should be happening. at least it should be.

I'm out of town for the GDC. I will order a Quadro card this week and try to reproduce your problem when I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm out of town for the GDC. I will order a Quadro card this week and try to reproduce your problem when I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You're fine, it's alright, but there's got to be another way to figure it out, you don't have to buy a new gpu.

I have had leadwerks running on my machine at work with a quadro K4000.. didn't notice any issues, however this was on Linux.

Its quite easy to imagine Avid would work just fine without graphics drivers, so suggest installing latest NVidia drivers for the card.

I have had leadwerks running on my machine at work with a quadro K4000.. didn't notice any issues, however this was on Linux.

Its quite easy to imagine Avid would work just fine without graphics drivers, so suggest installing latest NVidia drivers for the card.

I have all the drivers up to date though, I've already double checked. It is a positive to hear that it's working with your system though

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have your card in my computer right now, with Windows 8.1, 64-bit. It works perfectly:

Syncing Workshop Items...
Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...
OpenGL version 450
GLSL version 450
Device: Quadro K2000D/PCIe/SSE2

If you have any non-English characters in your user path (Windows user name) the program cannot run properly.