Bugs in scene panel

The hierarchy don't display the good names :

I got "entity is nill" in my script and was unable to understand what was going on , until today i i seen the bones names was no more here and some was used in the script.

So i restarted LE3 but i had to Re import the character model to have the good names.

Scene name is not the same as General tab panel.

post-3271-0-42142400-1425599368.jpg

post-3271-0-22429700-1425600632.jpg

Stop toying and make games

The picture on the left shows that you named the model when you had the model and all of its hierarchy selected. The General tab's name property would have shown as '<different>' prior to you renaming. Writing over this will rename the model and every child component selected in the scene.

The picture on the right shows that you hadn't pressed 'enter' yet after renaming the selected item. Also clicking onto another item in the scene browser will perform the same function as pressing enter.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I just imported and dropped a character in the scene, the name is not the same in the scene panel and description panel.

About the bone names renamed, i really don't know how it happened, but preventing that on animated characters or making it more safe would be welcome.

I searched why my script was no more working and it was just because of bone names.

post-3271-0-36243400-1425753372.jpg

The default scene name for a model has always been the internal top mesh name (by conversion or user-defined) and is not the name of the file. The merits of that can be debated, but since you have the ability to rename each part of the hierarchy I don't understand how you are considering this a bug in this report or your other report of similar topic.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Perhaps , on all other 3D engines, even small ones, the model i import keep it's name, even when dropped in the 3D scene.

Only LE3 make it in a weird way, but if you like that way good for you.

The bug is even worse : tthe name in the Scene panel is not the same as in "General" panel (in the screenshot). Don't tell me it's normal blink.png

Indeed it's not something that will stop you, but importing multiple models and having to rename each time is strange while in other engines the names stay the same after export from your 3D package.

I believe this is caused by an attempt to change the behavior to your preference. I am reverting it now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.