Creating forum articles for reuse

Gonan

Hi Leadwerkers,

Thought I would share a feature that I have just found on the Leadwerks web site, and request for comments, on what tags we should use to allow sub sets of articles to be easily found in future.

When you create a new topic, there is a field called Topic Tags, where you can create your own words that can be used to describe the content of your post.

If you open a tagged article and click on one of its tags, you will get a list of articles that also have that tag. As far as I can tell the listing is available on 1 tag.

If we had a standard list of tags, we could help ourselves collate the posts that would be useful for tutorials, C++, LUA, coding, textures, maps, materials, weapons, AI, animation, shaders, documentation, gui, effects, transitions, tuning, testing, publishing. Try to imagine the tags being used to gather articles into chapters. While multiple tags can be assigned, remember only 1 can be used to get a list of matching articles.

What common words would you want to be able to use, when looking for information in the forums?