Water plane flickering

I can't tell because there is no map attached to your post, but it may be normal z-fighting. If that is the case then increasing the near range of the camera will improve the accuracy.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

Changing water height to 1 , and there is no more problem. The bug is only happenning with values like water height = 0.1

whatever Camera range is.

How to test :

- Put water.map in your water directory

- Put 3dPerson script in your base directory : "Scripts"

- run the game and move camera up and down to see water disappearing

water.zip

post-3271-0-58541200-1428265898_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

Okay, I have determined this only occurs on AMD cards and is a result of the occlusion culling the water plane uses. If you add this to the script the problem goes away (but occlusion culling is disabled!):

self.Camera:SetOcclusionCullingMode(false)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If you add this to the script the problem goes away (but occlusion culling is disabled!):

Hummm , not cool , we need occlusion. I think AMD Radeon cards have a different culling system. to not behave like Nvidia.

This is not a big issue has choosing height = 0.5 or 1 for water and there is no more flickering, still some other Radeon users will encounter that flickering also if they use terrain and keep water height to a low value.

The thread can be closed as there is no solution or have AMD submit a patch.

Stop toying and make games

Can you add two different cameras? ..one near and one far ..then change their perspectives..I have never tried it in Leadwerks Engine ..

I have tried it in other engines to remove a flickering problem with water though...it worked perfectly...

I dont know ..its an idea you can try though if you want..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine