Model Editor Save Wipes All Map Instance Settings

If you change the collision type in the model editor then save it the setting, model settings such as collision type, navmesh, in fact ALL your settings from the "Appearance" tab, "Physics" tab but does not appear to effect the "Scripts tab are reset to default for all instances in the world.

If an instance is already selected in the Scene graph, and you save the model in the model editor the settings wont show this issue till you re select it.

So I have 50 instances of a model with various settings like "View Range" set to "Near", "Nav Obstacle" checked etc and I decide that a model needs to be updated, and need to save it again in the model editor, I'm going to have to go over every single instance in the editor and reset those settings all back.

We need have be able to update the model and physics component of the entity without effecting all the instance settings in the editor.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I agree. Just because a model gets updated (for some visual change) doesn't mean we would want all instances to have their settings reset. That doesn't make sense at all. If the editor is deleting all instances and then readding them back in because of the model update, then the editor needs to save off the original settings and reapply them to the new instances.

• Upvote 1