Game Publish Issues?

Josh

If you're having any trouble publishing your game to Steam Workshop, I'd like to use this thread to collect information.

It is difficult for me to produce any of these problems. When publishing a 334 mb package I received an error "RemoteStorageFileShareResult = 2" once, but when I did it again, it worked fine.

Are you having trouble? Can you describe what happens and include any errors the program log shows after failing to publish your game?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yay! (There is one built in but I have not yet created an icon for it.)

I get this when I run your game:

Initializing Lua...
Lua sandboxing enabled.
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Game Player/Scripts/Error.lua"
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Game Player/Scripts/App.lua"
Lua Error: [string "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common..."]:18: attempt to index field 'window' (a nil value)
Process complete

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I just have it set to 1920x1080 fullscreen for now, this is the code I have at the top of app.lua , glad you like it :)

--Initialize Steamworks (optional)
Steamworks:Initialize()

--Set the application title
self.title="One More Day"
local windowWidth=1920
local windowHeight=1080
local scaleScreenRatio = windowHeight/1080
--Create a window
local windowstyle = window.Titlebar
if System:GetProperty("fullscreen")=="1" then windowstyle=windowstyle+window.FullScreen end
windowstyle=windowstyle+window.FullScreen
self.window=Window:Create(self.title,0,0,System:GetProperty("screenwidth",windowWidth),System:GetProperty("screenheight",windowHeight),windowstyle)
self.window:HideMouse()

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Your logic here actually makes the fullscreen toggle work backwards:

if System:GetProperty("fullscreen")=="1" then windowstyle=windowstyle+window.FullScreen end
windowstyle=windowstyle+window.FullScreen

If you want to default to fullscreen, do this:

if System:GetProperty("fullscreen","1")=="1" then windowstyle=windowstyle+window.FullScreen end

Its actually pretty darn scary when you look out a second story window and see a zombie coming down the street, and you think "****, did I remember to close the door downstairs".

Tried to publish a few times but failed, this error in the log

Error: RemoteStorageGetPublishedFileDetailsResult = 15

That error can occur if you are not opted into the Steam client beta (not just the Leadwerks beta). See the Steam > Settings menu.

Can you try uploading without a preview image, and see if that makes any difference? (There was supposedly a bug in Steam that did exactly this, but it is supposed to be fixed in the beta client.)

Thanks, can do, I can send a link to download the game I published to desktop.

If its the project I will have to send a link later as I will have to strip out all the folders of assets.

3GB project folder.

Elite Cobra Squad

I have a way to directly upload your data.zip file if you send me that.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you have Steam Cloud disabled for your account, but that would give you an error message:

post-1-0-71057100-1429382161_thumb.jpg