Update game to workshop fails.

josk

I don't think you should delete it and ideally just update the existing one. I managed to publish an update to mine yesterday without any editor crash but at the moment the game is not loading from the launcher, says "Failed to download Workshop item". So I'm waiting to see if this clears up or if I need to try uploading again.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Restarted pc and upload worked first time though when I play it through the Game Launcher it plays the original version.

After uploading it takes you to the steam page and you see the downloading bar and it says you have downloaded on the download page.

I am getting like xtom "Failed to download Workshop item"

Elite Cobra Squad

You guys, the way you are describing this is not very useful. Please try to be precise with your descriptions.

I've experienced the download error and have reported this to Valve here. We're not the only ones seeing it:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/discussions/9/618459405724411017/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm not sure if this helped but I unsubscribed to the game in the workshop, then started the launcher and when I click the game I am playing the new versions now. I can see the green hand in your game josk so must be latest version of your game. Also just downloaded an update to the game launcher beforehand so could have been that too or some other unknown steam behaviour. Looks like I need to fix my splash screen.

• Upvote 1

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

Its working now, but it was not straightforward.

At first even though the game was uploaded it was playing the orignal game.

Then it updated and would not load from the launcher it was saying "Failed to download Workshop item"

After unsubscibing the game and restarting the launcher which I had to do a couple of times the updated version of the game worked.

After first closing the game it caused steam to hang and crash.

But after a game Launcher restart where it seemed to download the game again it plays fine.

Just played the updated One more Day. Had to unsubscribe and relaunch to play.

Elite Cobra Squad