Better Lua editor planned ?

YouGroove

well. ALT+Tab and F5 is quick enough for me, about the debugger that is right, but i can still see the errors in the included editor.

STRG+G and the line-number is quick to get to the error line.

And the always on top editor annoys me anyway. I have no Full-HD screen so my screen space is limited enough.

i agree. i have two screens at work so i know how convenient it is. ;)

especially since more and more things seem to default to full-hd screens i think i have to look for a new/additional screen.

My current one is heavy as hell. probably because it has a real glass plate in the front. (and no, it is not a CRT)

i would like to have a 16:10 screen again but i think they are no longer build.

I have 3 at work and would love to do that at home but don't have enough desktop space. I think 3 is a sweet spot. LE editor on 1, VS on another, and a browser on the 3rd googling for coding stuff.

In actuality I hate the fact that the Lua editor is always on top and connected to the LE editor. Often with 2 monitors I have the LE editor open on 1 and the Lua editor on the other, but I then have my browser open behind the Lua editor. So then I google and want to keep my page open but when I click the world editor it also brings the Lua editor to the front over my browser. I hate that they are connected. I honestly don't step through the Lua editor much because it has some bugs I've noticed and isn't very fluid as VS when debugging so I should just use another editor but it's annoying having to flip over to LE to run. I suppose Notepadd++ (and others) probably have some macros that I could run a batch file that I make to run the debug or release exe with parameters.

I was playing around with making an editor using node-webkit and it was going fairly well as it was just combining existing javascript libraries, but I just don't have the time to get into some of the finer details that make a great editor. Not enough hours in the day sad.png

Honestly http://luaedit.sourceforge.net/media.html looks perfect!