a problem with the video card

boris

Hello. I want to buy your engine , but faced with such a problem . running the demo , I had a message '' Failed to initialize graphics ''. How do I solve this problem ?? My video card radeon HD 7450M .. Please help , as I want to buy a complete edition of steam .. sorry for my inglish ..

Your graphics card is just a tiny bit faster than integrated graphics....this card will do well with older games and lower graphics new games, but will probably have a hard time with Leadwerks or Unreal....I would recommend saving up and getting a better card....Your card is a low level card for entry level laptops....

Not trying to put your card down...It is very good for windows and surfing and can still play a lot of games...

Thank you , I know that the old games .. just start learning until you get a new computer .. My video card supports open gl 4 , but I can not understand what's the problem .. I repeat that the engine very much, but it is because of this problems can not begin to work in it ..

When you say "it doesn't work" what do you mean? Does the editor not start up?

Your card should work fine if you just lower some of the detail settings in the options dialog. See the Tools > Options menu.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Stupid question, but did you install the driver? If not, you can open the program log located in Documents\Leadwerks\Leadwerks.log and it will contain information about the video card and OpenGL version supported.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

My video card supports direct x11, respectively , and it must support open gl4. I read about this engine is a problem for many owners radeon .. will try next computer purchase with nvidea)))))) damn Radeon ))) , or developers can settle this problem some patch ..

I installed the latest driver for my Radeon . established through the application of the Radeon is looking for the latest drivers for your computer. but all the same engine produces an error .. those drivers are shown on this site for the Radeon cease to run all games and incorrectly show video .. strange .. but thanks for the help , I will try to solve this problem in the near future to replace hardwere .. want to buy n vidia quadra, I hope that it will be no problem .. because again I see good potential in leadwerk ..

Maybe the Demo is not on the latest version?

There where some update of the engine that produced errors together with some Radeon driver.

The latest release version of the engine should work with the latest Radeon Driver. ( Is the Radeon Driver still Beta? )

I also would not recommend a quadro card. They are only good if you are really going to work a lot in CAD Software. Not sure what they exactly do different there than the consumer cards though. Every software i know also works with consumer cards perfectly and you will probably get more up2date drivers for them.

Have a really old quadro card in my workplace computer that can´t run Leadwerks since it only supports OpenGL 3.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10532978/difference-between-nvidia-quadro-and-geforce-cards

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/11/construct-cg-rendering-nvidia/

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-hardware-os/geforce-vs-quadro-benchmarks-actual-tests/td-p/4102908

n vidia quadra best suited to work with computer graphics .

I did some research into this because I was curious. Most people seem to agree that Quadro cards are over-priced for containing what is simply a repackaged GeForce card because they are sold to large corporations. However, there are some issues with Quadro cards including benchmark results that indicate it suffers from a much lower framerate than GeForce cards for games, and only a modest increase in framerate for modelling applications (although to be fair, Maya and 3DS Max aren't great benchmarks).

Anyway, it seems that people who use CAD software don't seem to have problems with GeForce cards for the most part (but if you require high-precision calculations, then Quadro is the way to go, but games typically don't need this). Quadro cards also have quicker double calculations due to hardware that supports it (which I guess helps with simulations). Quadro could be useful for scientific calculations as well it seems (since GPUs can be used for other things besides graphics).

I do not want to buy it for gr only to develop games and work in 3d

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you want to buy a card for gaming or game development, purchasing a Quadro is not the way to go (more expensive, less powerful, and could have compatibility problems).

What is your CPU and what are you budget constraints? Also, do you have a desktop (because that card you put in the first post I think might be a laptop card if i'm not mistaken)? If you have a laptop, upgrading might not be that easy.

I recently tested a Quadro card and did not see any compatibility problems. However, it was the size of a low-to-mid-range GEForce card, with a price like a high-end GEForce card.

I think the Quadros are primarily meant for driver stability.

On a budget, I would get this. It's basically the same thing as a $500 Quadro:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500350&cm_re=geforce_650-_-14-500-350-_-Product