Request for help on a project

corpseguy

Hello Everyone.

Admins if this is in the wrong section or this type of request is not suitable i apologise in advance.

My partner and I are looking to develop a game for greenlight.

At present we're looking for anyone with a strong knowledge of Leadwerks and programming - we are open to offers and rates of pay.

This would be a FPS/3rd ( no guns)

Single level

2 game modes

and possible 2 player.

Can anyone help?

As seen in some other threads it is hard to find people via this way. But whatever

My strengths are in modeling, general algorithm overview ( not in lua, but java), and I already got Leadwerks for a time.

So I can help out .

I am not that good at programming in Lua, http://www.artur-betz.de/index.html for example this is what I can do in html but I really

have problems with Lua caused by its complexity and things to keep in view.

If you need someone like me just message me on steam. If not I am here to help you out if you contact me.

I have both Leadwerks standard and Indie

Hey Mr Shawkly.

Thanks for your reply.

My Partner and i are trying to get a sample/demo piece off the ground, something similar to "Fly in the House" but with a story mode and 2 (multi) player option as well.

With a little of the Amnesia environment/atmosphere thrown in.

There's quite a few variables to the story mode.

Is that something you'd be able to help with?

I have already read something like this (destroyable walls /props).

Yougroove had something like this done already, his tutorial is lost on this site.

theoretically I could explain how destructable props are working , I am not sure if I could make this in lua .

In the fps player script its already added that you can throw items and stuff so it will be the focus on the props.

Then there would be a flyable object Ai and other things that get heavyer to do the more complex they get.

So basically I could help you with this .

Right now I am on vacation til tuesday, but contact me via Steam.

Ps : when you guys are working on the props , make them not one big prop, part it up so the game engine knows what

the peaces are that break apart and become a prop itself.

btw which modeling program are you using ? if blender then save the files both .fbx and .blend

• Upvote 1

I have already read something like this (destroyable walls /props).

Yougroove had something like this done already, his tutorial is lost on this site.

theoretically I could explain how destructable props are working , I am not sure if I could make this in lua .

In the fps player script its already added that you can throw items and stuff so it will be the focus on the props

I found this

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/4353-destruction/page__hl__destructible#entry38130

I'm sure there was another post with a video on how to make your props but I can't find it.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your input Thirsty Panther.

MrShawkly in a nut shell we're looking for a base to work from and put it through greenlight, given the nature of the game we're looking to use prefabs and library/stock props. - they are not the main focus of the game.

I have some very basic knowledge of level building ( Quake 2 )

If push came to shove i could build the level required, textures etc etc.

where as my partner is more marketing and promotional strategies.

The overall coding is the issue, due to what we want from the game and neither of us possess the knowledge of programming nor the time to learn it. hence being here looking to pay someone to do it for us ;)

OK i am in.

just make sure that you or your friend make a cloud online where we work on the project,

so everything goes fine and how you guys want it to be, also it is very important that we can instant message ourselfes (trough steam)

or any other program where we can send the data.

I will be back at tuesday so i could start then theoretically.

I say again that i am not experienced in lua so I cant make sure that I will really get everything done, if so you dont need to pay me a thing.

go to my profile i have my steam account there.

I wouldn't mind trying to help out, I'm currently working on procedural generated maps. I only have the indie version of leadwerks so everything that I do would be in lua, if that's okay. I currently have nothing in my portfolio since I didn't Finnish all the stuff that I'm working on. The reason on why I would like to do this is, ever since I started coding, (which was making addons for Garry's Mod) I always worked on my own. I always wanted to work on a team, but none of my friends ever got into coding, so I was always just a lone wolf, everything that I worked on was always by my self. If I don't make it in, I completely understand since I haven't got any backup evidence in my portfolio.

• Upvote 1

~Morgan