Leadwerks on laptops

martyj

I was wondering who here uses Leadwerks on a laptop?

If so, what graphics do you use? Integrated or dedicated?

What CPU do you use?

If you do use a laptop, have you used Leadwerks on a desktop? If so, what if any where the differences that you noticed?

Thanks,

Marty

It will run on anything being sold today. Performance will be slower on integrated chips, but I am very surprised how fast the latest CPU-based graphics are.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I got myself one of these for about £650 at the beginning of the year.

17.3" MSI GP70 Gaming Laptop,Core i5-4200H,1TB,8GB DDR3,840M 2GB GDDR3, DVD, WIN 8.1

runs Leadwerks fine.

Like the MSi?

I use my brother's MSi laptop for Leadwerks as mine doesn't support OpenGL 4.0.

It's just an i7 with a 860M, but for some reason LW doesn't like to run on the GPU, so it uses integrated graphics.

Like the MSi?

I use my brother's MSi laptop for Leadwerks as mine doesn't support OpenGL 4.0.

It's just an i7 with a 860M, but for some reason LW doesn't like to run on the GPU, so it uses integrated graphics.

You need to install graphics drivers for both the integrated chip and the GPU, to handle the GPU switching correctly. I've seen this many times before.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

HI,

mine (sorry no AMD but i think it is also available)

Pavilion x360 13-a200ng 33,8 cm (13,3 Zoll) Notebook (Intel Core-i3 5010U, 2,1GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSHD, Intel HD, Win 8, Touchscreen) silber

Graphics works better as with my R9 290 Card (beta driver) wich flickers Surfaces in the Edges of the Gamewindow.

cu

Volker

Does anyone have an AMD APU? I'd prefer to avoid Intel at all cost due to their Linux drivers.

I'd be curious to see how LE would run on an A6, A8, and A10.

I have a netbook with an AMD E450 APU running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit. Leadwerks runs, though not great it's better than I expected. That's with proprietary drivers of course. So the considerably stronger A-Series APUs should do ok.