Latest beta causes Graphics driver to fail

With today's beta update i get constant driver resets with my amd gfx card. I can't give much info on whats causing it to crash nor can I record it since it crashes the video recording software too.

The fastest way i know to make it crash is to fly around the level in the perspective view. I can get ti to crash withn 5 seconds.

Specs:

Card: dual R9 270x 3GB

CPU : AMD FX- 8350 4.00GHZ

Ram: 12GB

Driver Version: 15.6 (I had 15.4 where it crashed, 15.6 crashes also)

Map that causes the crash.

What does a reset graphics card do? What actually occurs? I have seen Nvidia cards that stop responding, but don't know what AMD looks like. This might just mean your GPU is failing.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What happens is if windows detects a failure in the graphics card driver (program doing odd things with graphic contexts, application holding on too long to a context and not responding, and millions of other reasons), windows will simply reset the driver itself. Your screens will go dark, your monitors might say they are disconnected and then they will come back. You will get a system notification that looks something like this https://tinkertry.com/display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding. The amd ones look exactly the same, but it says AMD. Today I haven't had any problems with Leadwerks. That and its a lot cooler today. So I'll be checking the ventilation and the fans on the cards (I don't run with the case one anyway)

• Josh locked this topic