Latest Beta (from either 6/23 or 6/24) causes character to fall through collision

The update from either 6/23 or 6/24 now causes the character controller to fall through collision that was previously working.

As a test, I "reverted" to the April archive and the character controller again started working fine, so this is definitely a recent change in Leadwerks that has caused this.

Josh, I sent you a PM on this with a few more details about what sort of collision has been affected, etc.

And, just in passing, there seems to have been a definite performance increase between the April archive, and an update sometime during early May. I'd be perfectly fine falling back to a May archive, but unless I missed it I don't think one is present as an option on Steam.

Thanks...

--"There is no spoon"

I have been doing work on the auto-generated phyics shapes. I am guessing you make a lot of use of the collisionhull / collisionmesh naming scheme in model limbs? Can you provide a sample model that demonstrates a problem? (You can view physics shapes by setting camera->debugphysicsmode to true.)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Update: using camera->debugphysicsmode it APPEARS (and it's kind of hard to tell as I immediately start falling away from the ship) as though the collision doesn't exist..

Also, now that I look closer in the editor, it seems like the "collision" limbs are being imported and displayed as "art" geometry, rather than collision geometry, if that makes sense. Take a look at the FBX in the editor and you should be able to see what I mean...

Thanks!

--"There is no spoon"

Ah, I see...

The limb name should either be "collisionhull" or "collisionmesh". In this case, it's just "collision" which previous was let by. According to the docs, this isn't the right behavior, but it was just previously allowed:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/models-and-animation-r8#section6.2

I am changing it so "collision" will be treated the same as "collisionhull", for backwards compatibility.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.