Mapping and water generating

Jorkayus

I have sent this message to, but anyone can help me, I will be very thanksfull!!

I would like to create a map like minecraft, but with good grafics, I am wondering if could use things of your terrain generator calling functions. (like the painting or the rendering distance aproximation or any other amaizing thing)

I have the standard edition.

Also I want to create rivers, seas, etc.. generating waves, movement and splash effects. (So the planar water is not enought).

My idea is to generate chunks, saved in a table with null(means air) or the id of the material (like water, stone, sand,..). The points of the surface will be conected between them (so they are not object points, are just a point that need the others that surround them to conect with them and generate a surface).

My questions are:

What can do leadwerks to don't make me program all from 0? I mean for example if i have to be carefull with the things that are rendered behind or they dont render for example.

For optimization, the tipical, near more poligons far away less or anything. (or it goes implemented?).

Some tips if I have to program to help me, especially about how functions work, I dont understand, how to create and call functions in leadwerks,

I know maybe is not a very clear question, I dont have much clear how to ask because my head is full of doubts.

I don't need a fast answer, take your time,

Thanks!!

The best way to do waves is inside a geometry shader, which is something out of our control. What you could do instead is generate the wave water as an animated model perhaps.

As far as how LE can handle large blocky terrain, I would say, it would require a lot of developer programming to make it fast and effiecient. LE is a general engine. Rendering voxel type graphical data is something very specific. I am sure it can be done on LE

• Upvote 1