Glow Effect

gamecreator

Thanks. The shader turned my gems invisible since I don't know what texture to use for the emission shader and which slot to put it in (there is no emission slot that I saw). Maybe one day we'll get documentation for this.

As shown in Josh's pic, the emission texture channel is texture4. If you also opened the shader in the Shader Editor it shows this as well. And that texture slot is not necessarily assigned for emission in all shaders - just in this case.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

If you also opened the shader in the Shader Editor it shows this as well. And that texture slot is not necessarily assigned for emission in all shaders - just in this case.

It's confusing, and new comers should not have to read a shader to know what textures to use in what channel, i hope LE3 will improve the material editor some day on that point rolleyes.gif

I was making a shader and i got to find this post to know how to use the shader, there was no doc anything showing what slots to use for shaders.

Stop toying and make games