Window:Create

Megalocerous

Hello everyone! I am new here and come from using Unity and UDK previously. I purchased this engine quite some time ago but never got far with it. However I have returned to give it another shot over the last few weeks and have really been enjoying it. I am hoping to have a simple game submitted for the Summer Games tournament and then roll into my next project from there.

Now that my brief introduction is over...

I just had a quick question in regards to creating a window. It seems that if I am not using windows create and I test my level I only have one window created. Using Window:Create will create two windows, one in the background and the one that I have created. Is there anyway to have just one window created? Is this just something that happens when using the editor? If I compile it to an exe will it just be the one window?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already, I've been messing around with it for the last couple of days and figured it was time to log on and ask.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks cassius! I will mess with it more later tonight. Last night I had the window drawn through Window:Create but it wasn't showing anything other than a black screen. I'm obviously doing something wrong so I will keep plugging away until it's fixed.

Thanks again!

Yeah I have something similar in lua, it just shows a black screen. If I am calling Window:Create I am guessing I need to create the light through code as well right? Right now I have one in the editor but it does not seem like it is applying that to the Window:Create scene.

Unfortunately I can't test right now. I'm at my soul destroying full time job biggrin.png

Initially I just had the camera added in my scene, then used Window:Create but I don't believe that worked. Then I deleted the camera from the scene and used Window:Create and created a camera via code, but now I had two completely black windows. I am assuming I need to also create a light in my code now since it is not using the light that I added through the editor itself?

Sorry if I am not making any sense, but I really appreciate all your help thus far cassius!

I was not using the FPS prefab Thirsty, but for the time being I think I figured it out. I am using Window:SetLayout to change the window that is created from the editor to what I want. I am still not sure if this is the correct solution but I will try it again with Window:Create later.

Whenever I use Window:Create it doesn't seem to render the world that I have created in the editor. So I believe somewhere I am missing something really dumb on my end (wouldn't be the first or the last time biggrin.png )