Terrain texture not publishing

xtom

For some reason one particular terrain texture I am using on layer3 diffuse in my map now refuses to publish to standalone for me - terrain_savannah_rockwall.tex

The normal map "terrain_savannah_rockwalldot3.tex" goes into the zip fine and everything else too by the look of it. I've tried swapping the diffuse out and back in and resaving map but it still won't publish into the zip. I've tried changing the filename on the diffuse texture and adding it back in but even under the new filename it won't publish. I've tried changing layer3 diffuse to a completely different unused texture and it doesn't publish either so it looks like the publish process is for some reason skipping over layer3 diffuse. I did test this layer with displacement in previous beta so I'm thinking it might be to do with that. Although I have another layer I used with displacement and that's fine so not sure.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

I see I also set mapping for this layer to vertical so that would be one difference to the other layers, maybe this caused the problem. I've changed it back to flat but it still won't publish the tex file for that layer. Also I don't notice any change when I switch between the different mappings either.

OK I didn't think I would be able to reproduce this but it looks like I can..

1) create a new project (advanced fps)

2) create a new map

3) create a terrain 1024

4) On layer 3 for diffuse select Materials/Nature/terrain_savannah_rockwall.tex

5) paint some on the terrain

6) save as start.map

7) delete all the other maps in the project

8) publish to standalone

if you look in data.zip there is no Materials/Nature/terrain_savannah_rockwall.tex

This is using latest beta.

Edit: looks like it's happening with any texture in layer3 diffuse

• 3 weeks later...