openal

drarem

One user reports an issue with this stand alone.

"The program can't start because OpenAL32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Machine is Win 8.1 x64 if that makes any difference

If you use Innosetup to make the installer, you can package OpenAL and make it run silently in the install process. If you use the game launcher then this is already installed automatically.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It was hard to track down but I found it!!! I did this years ago so you will need to test it and you will need to bundle the oalinst.exe in your application as the script suggests.

[code]
var OpenALFound: Boolean;
function CheckOpenAL(): Boolean;
begin
if (FileExists('c:\Windows\System32\OpenAL32.dll')) then begin
MsgBox('OpenAL detected. OpenAL installation skipped', mbInformation, MB_OK);
OpenALFound := True;
end;

if (not OpenALFound) then begin
MsgBox('OpenAL not detected. Click OK to install OpenAL', mbInformation, MB_OK);
OpenALFound := False;
end;
Result := OpenALFound;
end;
[Run]
Filename: "{app}\oalinst.exe"; StatusMsg: "Installing OpenAL"; Check: Not CheckOpenAL();

• Upvote 2
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

how would i bundle it? Because we are just putting the executables into steam folders and publishing to steam in that way.

If it's Steam, and you have your own SteamappID, then don't use Innosetup. Setup Steamworks to install OpenAL. I'd first copy the _CommonRedist from the Leadwerks Game Engine folder and see if Steam will automatically install it. You can also PM Josh for help since he does this for the engine/game launcher. I just have basic Steamworks experience with Source; which does not need any extra software to run.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• 2 weeks later...

The Steamworks interface has an option to automatically install OpenAL. You don't even need to bundle it, just check the checkbox.

It's under Installation > Installers.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.