alt+tab crashing

drarem

When i create a FPS template, open up the 01 FPS controller sample, then change it to fullscreen and run it. I hit Alt-Tab and it crashes. What is going on, or is there a work around?

I'm thinking anywhere from somehow hiding the title bar and container, to maybe hooking the alt-tab in a key event, changing it to non full-screen so it can alt-tab safely.

Help please?

thanks.

Windows 10 right? Because with Win8.1, I did not have this issue. It also happens when you call window->minimize in C++, but it's more noticeable when you alt-tab from fullscreen mode even if you pause the world like this:

// Check to see if the window is active.

// Pause the game if it's not.

if (window->Active())

{

// Update the world.

world->Update();

}

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

In the default script, you can use -fullscreen launch option to enable fullscreen. But yeah, I feel that the issue is when the window is minimized as alt-tabbing in windowed mode does not crash, but alt-tabbing from fullscreen does, which Windows auto minimize the window.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

Okay, the quick fix is to do check to see if the window is minimized and skip rendering if it is:

--Render the world
if window:Minimized()==false then
	world:Render()
end

You should also add this check in the FPS player script so the game doesn't take control of the mouse when its minimized:

--Mouse look
self.currentMousePos = window:GetMousePosition()
if window:Minimized()==false then
	window:SetMousePosition(Math:Round(context:GetWidth()/2), Math:Round(context:GetHeight()/2))
end

I will add a built-in check in the engine as well.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Doing so will prevent additional code in scripts such as a check for preventing the mouse locking to the center when minimized Also, I'd make sure it flushes any keys and mouse clicks before the world gets unpaused.