Terrain normals don't scale with diffuse, and texture is backwards

• 3 months later...

Now this is getting frustrating. 4 months later this is still around. I started trying to make my winter games entry and discovered that it's still messed up.

Anyway, I did some more experiments, other than the texture being backwards, The large normals are from the mipmap when you are far away. Both the diffuse and normal are still showing. If you use a high contrast texture like I use, you can see that some of the lines have 2 colors on them.

But at the default height of the fps controller, I should not see the texture fade. What if I was painting snow, as I will be. It will draw a second ~*8 scale texture on top which may cause unintended visuals. What if it introduces an additional displacement?

Shadmar, I'll try that when I get home.

Well, most textures aren't a grid where the user will notice, and the larger texture just adds some subtle variation. Try commenting it out and see if there is still a problem.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.