grouping objects in leadwerks editor

ymlm

hey josh! :)

i´ve purchased the leadwerks editor recently, mainly because i loved 3D world studio so much.

ever since i read that they would basically offer the same features (with 3Dws not receiving support any longer) i thought of the editor as the perfect choice for my project.

to start with something positive, the general feel to it is still very convincing, so good work on that!

unfortunately i still can´t see myself spending too much time with the editor since it´s impossible to group meshes/objects or edit (rotate) multiple meshes at once. i´m sorry, but that is ridiculous. how is anyone supposed to build complex architecture or even simple interior without spending years on a project?

this is turning an amazing tool into a mispurchase for me.

PLEASE adress this, it is so frustrating!

with best regards,

janis

unfortunately i still can´t see myself spending too much time with the editor since it´s impossible to group meshes/objects or edit (rotate) multiple meshes at once.

OK, I think I read this wrong. To me the grouping I thought he was talking about was just putting entities together for project organization.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't let this issue overshadow the entire engine, keep with it

I remember posting about this ages ago, was pointed to creating a pivot and parenting. Good workaround but that's what it is, a workaround. The engine is missing features like the ability to be able to rotate about the center of the selected and to forget proper rotation/scale gizmos to name a few.

I know we are getting some sweet new features on the horizon which I'm really looking forward to, but would be cool to have a few of these smaller, seemingly perpetual issues addressed which effect the day to day of working in the editor. I guess Its hard, these features don't sell an engine.

• Upvote 2
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

first of all, thank you guys for the quick response.

i´ll try and get used to creating pivots for now, but as tjheldna said, the editor really lacks many of the features (such as the csg tools) that made 3d world studio such an amazing (as in amazingly fast) program for me.

i´ve read in this forum that josh was planning on making 3dws 6, is this still a thing?

anyways, it´s not for me to judge how much effort it would take, but if the editor was to receive some treatment, i´d be so happy.

can you guys recommend a csg-modeler/map editor that allows me to build complex architecture real quick? i´d go and buy 3dws (back in the day i worked with my brother´s copy, shame on me) but since it´s not being supported by leadwerks anymore i dont really want to.