Need tips for level building workflow

Core

Hi!

This is my first post to this forum and at very first I must say I really like Leadwerks. I have very little programming knowledge, but have made some scripting and 2d game making with Game Studio. Leadwerks feels very familiar, it is like Game Studio in 3d, combined with similar designing interface I used ages ago for Quake 1 levels. Just awesome. Though, I have few questions.

I learned very early that grouping objects, brushes etc. is not possible yet. That leads to a problem. I made simple peace of corridor for testing and was planning to make few more peaces, like straight, curve, room, T- section etc. And then use those prebuilt corridorpeaces for full level. Using scene folders to duplicate and group items was more tedious than I thought and abandoned the idea, maybe I was doing something wrong... I'm using mainly primitives at this point plus some materials and assets from scifi dlc (which is quite nice for the prize).

Shot of the corridor. I can relatively easy duplicate this to make it longer for example, but is there a way to rotate all objects at once, so I wouldn't have to build another identical corridor, but just 90 degree angle?

oR2aLq1.jpg

I would need some tips for proper workflow while designing levels, handling lots of objects effectively etc. maybe if someone could point general tutorial for level designing, video maybe... I'm really a noob with this kind of stuff, any help is appreciated! I know this is a broad subject...

I think you are not missing anything but I am :) I must be missing something crucial but I honestly tried that, I created folder/filter for my corridor. Then when I duplicated content of that corridor, I selected duplicates and created another folder/filter for corridor 2 and moved duplicates there. So now I had two folders, two corridors. But I couln't rotate my corridor as awhole! And Every time I needed to select one of the corridors (every object, primitive it includes), I needed to select invidual elements.

But pivots, Now I can just click pivot and whole corridor is selected. I can rotate it. But what you mean by cost? Why is it bad to have these objects as a child, if I want to handle whole corridor as one object?