Projekt Mortifer

burgelkat

Hello everybody,

after I struggled through me to publish the first steps now ( Just make friends visible does not yet work ) , I would like a little report on what happens next . I am an absolute beginner in the game create and write the scripts ( Lua ) . I watch many tutorials (thanks at this point to AggrorJorn smile.png ).

Please have therefore little indulgence , if not all the same exciting and smoothly functioning biggrin.png

Many used objects / assets will be replaced by me over time . It needs a little time to create these . Also in Blender i am a beginner. But it works better and better . Ok ... enough written

My project is called " Project Mortifer " and will play in 3 acts .

Act 1 takes place in a military camp . Before you'll released into the weekend still have several tasks to be fulfilled . ....(currently it is still certainly a bit boring because not all scripts work the way I want it)

Act 2 plays then the campsite in the countryside . Nearby is a small fishing village / little town and farther away a military outpost . Here goes something not quite as it should ...

Act 3 plays then in a bunker complex...

I hope I hold it all through ( Programming is only a hobby .. )

So here .. some screenshots from the game.

Constructive criticism is welcome . Just like help or ideas to make some changes

Updates will be edited

Greetings

Burgelkat (Wolfgang)

post-13719-0-29881200-1452432773_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-70127000-1452432794_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-58597100-1452432820_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-54724300-1452432991_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-16543800-1452433005_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-46884900-1452433050_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-56258900-1452433084_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

Good start, I like some of the stuff you have added like the marines exercising.

Also the wall repair is good, though once I had repaird the wall Sgt Cone kept on saying it wasn't repaired.

As you walk round the permiter it might be good to give a bit of story to say whats happening.

Keep up the good work.

Elite Cobra Squad

Update Akt1 V0.5

I got an error message after publishing. But it Looks that the upload is ok. I downloaded it by my self and its function.

Loading time is a bit long . Please be patient .

While the Meanwhilescene, the guard will walk along. You have to run after him (He patrol along the wall). I will fix it that the Guard stops while the Scene Playing.

I hope it function if updated by you

• 2 months later...

Update Akt1_V0.8

WASD - Move

E - Use

Space - Jump

Right Mouse - Weapon Zoom

i - Inventory

It is not finished by far .

Akt1_V0.8

- Use the Scoreboard for the first instruction

- After you get the certificate, you can use the car or you can play around at the shooting-range

- the inventory has no realy a function. I will use it with a quest where you collect the item for the camping day (tent, flashlight, weapon, first aid...)

Known issues

- The Guard wont stop if the meanwhile scene is playing. You have to run after the scenes are played

- Text-Labels are not all good sized.

- The Pistol from the fps Weapon-Pak is not good placed if you zoom in

- you shoot if you are in the inventory and click on a item

Next Steps:

If i have time.. fine tuning in Akt1 .. and begin akt2

Some objects are from the workshop . Thank you at this point to everyone who created this .

Feedback is welcome!!

I hope you have a little fun :)

greetings

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hallo,

after i crashed Mortifer by my self, i have startet from scratch. But over all it was not so bad. I have a littel performance winning with this. And i learnd a little more in writing scripts. So the scripts increasingly not just copy paste made ​​but also with a little more understanding were created (sorry for my english)

Mortifer V0.2

Akt1_V1.0

WASD - Move

E - Use

Space - Jump

Akt1_V1.0

- After you get the certificate, you can use the car or you can play around at the shooting-range

Known issues

- The Guard wont stop if the meanwhile scene is playing. You have to run after the scenes are played

(I dont know (not yet) how i can pause the waypoint script so the guard wont stop for the scenes)

-My idea is the weapon to hide and only show at the shooting range, but at this time i have no idea to start with that in the player script.

Next Steps:

Work on Akt2

And testing a little with Akt3

Some objects are from the workshop . Thank you at this point to everyone who created this .

Feedback is welcome!!

I hope you have a little fun :)

(Screenshot 1 = Akt 2 )

(Screenshot 2 = Akt3 Bunker-Entry)

post-13719-0-76241800-1463210221_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-65272400-1463210461_thumb.jpg

Mortifer V0.2

Akt1_V1.0

WASD - Move

E - Use

Space - Jump

Akt1_V1.0

Akt2_V0.1

For enter Akt 2 use the blue car. (i enabeld it at start so you don´t play akt 1 through)

At the camping place:

follow the instructions.

for changing the sky use first the fishing rod

for changing the sky to night then use the ground of the tend

follow the small road then you came to the fishing town. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mortifer V0.2

Akt1_V1.0

WASD - Move

E - Use

Space - Jump

Akt1_V1.0

- After you get all Quest-Items, you can use the black car for end Akt1 or the blue car for Akt2 (still under construction)

Akt2_V0.2

For enter Akt 2 use the blue car. (i enabeld it at start so you don´t play akt 1 through)

for changing the sky to night then use the ground of the tend (its enabled after using the fishing rod)

follow the small road then you came to the fishing town.

post-13719-0-20385600-1465462546_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-93870900-1465462579_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-35781800-1465462598_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

I tried to work a little on the perfomance . I think it has become a little better . Moreover, worked on Akt2 on. The stay in the fishing village is close to completion . Then it's on to the military complex .

Feel free to give me konstruktive feedback . I would be happy about that.

Greetings Burgelkat

• 2 months later...

Ok, how I did this.

1. I made a sprite sheet 6x6 Images ( if you have 36 different images they simulate the flow)

there are two good programs search for texturepacker, or spritesheetpacker

pay attention that the sprites have all the same position in the spritesheet. Only then it function

2. Use the plane from Fire pit (thanks to shadmar at this point)

and the sprite-sheet shader in the material. change the images numbers in the shader.

I see no fps losses. so you can use a lots of it to make a really nice looking scene. Look how the water flows. happy.png i like this scene. like in the real nature i can looking into a fire or waterfall for hours biggrin.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umi4dm9fj87san1/Mortifer%202016-10-02%2014-50-47-42.avi?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d3a4tld93ojnoi/Mortifer%202016-10-02%2014-31-22-78.avi?dl=0

only one question i have: What is if i have a sprite sheet with 6x4. is there a chance to change the script that this sprite sheet can run ? (Edit: solved, thanks to macklebee)

this is my end looking:

post-13719-0-39304100-1475419311_thumb.jpg

post-13719-0-71962200-1475500942_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's done. Act 2 is almost finished. Act 2 can be played to the end (check the game launcher). I am glad that many of my ideas have been able to implement.

When I look at the timeline in which I work in Leadwerks, this shows with 1629 hours. It must surely be removed a few hours, which I have spent in the idle.

If I look at the flowgraph, then I have to work even more structured in Act 3. The same is true for the scene tree. But I'm glad to be finished with Act 2 so far.

And again I learned a lot while I created Act 2.

There are certainly many more interesting creations. But it is my own and I am a little proud of myself to have come so far. Even if I complain a lot about myself, if I do not understand something again in LUA

I hope you have fun with Act 2. Thank you to all who have tried me a little to help. There is still much to improve in Act 1 and 2. But that must wait until I have finished so far times all 3 files playable. Also a more beautiful UI is planned. When I look at so many other creations, I am almost envious biggrin.png

I hope the upload has worked. I can test it first when the download is finished. The standalone version works quite well. The FPS number is ok on my R9 290. I get frames between 30 and 70.

I would also appreciate a feedback.

greetings

wolfgang

Edit: thats a short video about my thunder (sprites are very usefull)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j77vddtgfr4sy2m/Mortifer%202016-11-01%2015-32-04-93.avi?dl=0

• Upvote 2