What other software do you use with Leadwerks?

Browsing my Steam account today and I noticed that I'm building quite a collection of software to help with my Leadwerks creations.

3D modeling:

- 3D Coat

- Blender

- Fuse

- Silo 2

- RaySupreme 3D

- UU 3D

- Autodesk FBX Converter

Art/Textures:

- Paint.Net

- Mindtex 2

- Shadertool

Music / Sound:

- Sonar

- Cakewalk Loop Manager

- Audacity

I'm using Leadwerks as a hobby so the software I have is not expensive. 3D Coat is the most expensive on the list. Some, like Audacity and Blender, are a very good and free.

Some I have barely been used. My search for a 3D modelling program has been long. RaySupreme and Silo 2 were bought on sale but I couldn't warm to them and I finally settled on 3D coat.

I bought ShaderTool thinking it would turn me into the next Shadmar. Alas no software is that good.

So what software do you have?

What am I missing from this list to turn my next game into a mindcraft success story :)

• Visual Studio 2013/2015
  • Notepad
  • Notepad++
  • Google Chrome
  • Paint.Net
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • Blender
  • Goldwave
  • Audacity
  • Windows Media Player
  • And I use an outdated version of MediaMonkey so I can listen to music while I work. :)

• Upvote 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick bump, today I found out about Awesome Bump, a free alternative to CrazyBump. Not only that it's free, but open source, and Linux version is a thing.

Supports both bump mapping and PBR shading, so no matter if you're making a material for Shadmar's substance shader, or the standard ones. I've yet to really play with it, but it seems promising. smile.png

• Upvote 2

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Yes you can animate the character with fuse, and use this in Leadwerks without problem.

You don't need to pay for very many cool free stuff. Take a look. Much better needs to be paid,

Not so good is that it does export only one surface for a character. Means changing for example a shirt force you to change the shoes too.

Fuse exports one surface for one clothe, a way better.

Thats the funny thing about all the software we use. It takes some to get the basics of it but, to truly get the best from software it takes many hours of tutorials and experimenting. I spent most of December and January just learning the basics of 3D Coat. Then I pick up Sonar on sale and find myself spending a month or so on that. Net result is I have hardly spend any time on Leadwerks which is the whole reason I bought the other 2 pieces of software in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Thats the funny thing about all the software we use. ... Net result is I have hardly spend any time on Leadwerks which is the whole reason I bought the other 2 pieces of software in the first place.

Yeah, I know the feeling rolleyes.gif ... except that I never even seem to get to REALLY know the software I bought ... I think maybe if the day had 36 hours ....

Cheers,

Greyfang

• Upvote 1