newbie question : water ... how to ?

Greyfang

I am new to Leadwerks ... previous experience includes GameGuru, (a bit of) Unity, 3D GameStudio, GameCore ...

So far I am having a lot of fun and have started to really appreciate some aspects of the Leadwerks workflow.

While I am currently only doing some "learning by playing", I have hit one stumbling block ... water.

I have searched the forum and have found a number of different posts, some of them include links to prefabs (link doesn't work). There is also a post that refers to the use of a plane to do water.

But where can I find a definitive "guide" for creating water in Leadwerks ?

Do I need to create a "block" and assign it a material with the water shader ? Or does it need to be a plane ?

Cheers,

Greyfang

Oh ... duh ... rolleyes.gif thanks for that ...

So I gather from the way it is done, that you can not have a "pool of water" (e.g. in a building) ...

But is the method of using a prefab still realistic and possible ? And would I then assign the watershader an object I create ?

Oh well, time to play around some more smile.pngbiggrin.png

Its possible for the ground floor of a building to be covered in water. Just adjust the level

if you want an indoor swimming pool then some other method is needed..

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

if you want an indoor swimming pool then some other method is needed..

I understand that ... now the question is: what other method is recommended ...

Also, the "normal" water level looks nice enough, until you walk into in (and submerge yourself) ... there is apparently no "underwater shader" aktiv and also no buoyancy ... is that a design limitation ? I remember working with GameCore and there was buoyancy there (which was fun, just throwing barrels into the water ... such are the pleasures of a simple mind )

Cheers,

Greyfang

OK ... got the underwater shader to work for the "global water plane" ... looks really good to.

How would I need to go about assigning that shader to a block (either CSG or modelled in Blender), so I could "fill" a pool, which is located ABOVE the "global water plane" .... I've tried using the shader on a material, but that didn't seem to work (it certainly didn't look like water).

Cheers,

Greyfang