My first few days with Leadwerks ...

Greyfang

No sure, if this is the right forum section - so please feel free to move it, if needed ...

I have now used Leadwerks for a few days and have already learned to appreciate some of the strong points of Leadwerks ... you will, of course, know them, but indulge me anyway rolleyes.gif

• I really like the way you have implemented materials / textures ... Chapeau ! Easy enough to handle for a novice, complete enough to provide some amazing results ...
  • Importing assets is also easy to do (I've only done static objects ... animated objects will follow). Connection with Blender (Export plugin or FBX) appears to work well.
  • The speed (loading & execution) is also quite impressive.
  • Working with the editor is a breeze ... organization of the map / scene is handled well
  • Leadwerks is more complex than some of the "click & Play" engines (such as GameGuru), but for me definitely easier to handle than Unity or UDK

I am quite happy, that I purchased Leadwerks and am looking forward to some fun hours learning and playing - always seeking to broaden my horizon.

Cheers,

Greyfang

• Upvote 5

Ok ... found a couple of additional features I really, really like smile.png :

a.) the ability to generate collision shapes in Leadwerks itself ... cool. I would probably be able to manually create a more efficient collision hull for some objects (e.g. a model of a hallway incl. steps), because I have done that before for GameCore, but so many of the objects can be handled through Leadwerks, it is a joy.

b.) resizing of an object in the model viewer / editor ... not only by %, but by actually entering the desired "size" in feet or meters ... amazingly useful (I am currently porting some FBX models and some are HUGE and can be resized nicely inside Leadwerks). Two thumbs up !

I realize that these are not complex or "dramatic" features, but I just enjoy the enhanced workflow because they are there !

Cheers,

Greyfang

• Upvote 1